Mafia II Thread

JlCollins005

i just finished it on the xbox, i was able to beat the game in under a day story wise not getting all the playboy mags and such, but i was kinda upset with the ending.

Also anyone know where to find the damn hot rods i cant find one at all

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
After playing the game for a while now,Anyone think that 2K put in far too many unnecessary things into the game? What is the point of having flushing toilets, working showers,radios,lights and things?

I mean all of those must have taken some time to do,They probably could have created some extra cars,extra weapons or something that would be more useful wouldn't you guys agree?

I love the game don't get me wrong,But i do think it could have been better,Especially after been in development for all this time.

Im currently stuck on that mission where Henry gets chopped up by the Chinks,..you follow their leader into the restaurant and then you have to take out his men and find the leader...ive take out all his men but i cant seem to find that leader!..any help? :p

bomberboysk

hey didn't know you were playing it. how do you like it thus far?

EDIT: please note that the following is my reflection on the game. if you aren't done, probably shouldn't read it. if you absolutely loved the game and don't want me to ruin it, probably shouldn't read it.

now that the initial infatuation i had has mostly worn off and i have finished the game, i am saddened by what the developers could've done but didn't. this could've been the best sandbox game OF ALL TIME. it would've knocked gta on its back and given the finishing punch in a lackadaisical manner. but the open world is really limited to one damn mission at a time, all being mandatory and inevitable, and there really isn't much to do (more than once) outside of those missions. pissing off cops and running away can only last for so long... the story could've been Goodfellas+The Godfather times about 100. don't get me wrong, i liked it while it lasted. as a linear game, it is pretty cool. but i just am saddened by the potential it had compared to the final product. i guess i'll have to spend some time getting the playboy magazines...
I do like it quite alot, as i had said earlier the original mafia was one of my favorite games, and i've been playing this and thus far i quite like it. I don't have alot of free time anymore, so its prolly gonna take me awhile to get anywhere close to finishing it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Completed the chapters now....i wont say too much but i was surprised about the ending....didn't expect it to end like that.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you enjoy the game Bomber?

It will be interesting to see what DLC they come out with next.

Bug in Free Roam mod. :p

mafia22010-09-0122-03-51-451600x1200.jpg

mafia22010-09-0122-03-48-141600x1200.jpg

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Yeah, i really enjoyed the game, perhaps one of my favorite games i've played thus far(if you played the original mafia, you would notice that one part of the game came from the original ending of Mafia ;))

linkin

VIP Member
Took me 12 hours, i was constantly dying on the last mission. playing on hard of course.

Man that's a saturday well spent. I think the game is like far cry 2 in the sense that you end up backstabbing all the leaders until only you and your buddy are left :p

Judging by the ending, there's going to be a third. I just hope it has free roam as standard.

I've had a few glitches such as when you go rescue leo his front door wont open... enemies walking into closed doors and not opening them etc etc

I like the way the graphics are done properly. It's got a similar effect for blurring as GTA 4, except it doesnt make you short sighted like in gta4. and it runs smooth! In the benchmark i get 51.1fps average, everything maxed with vsync on.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it too me around the same time,Took me a few attempts on the last few missions as they were quite hard.

The thing i didnt like in Mafia 2 is all the fighting you have to do,Just got me bored. :cool:

linkin

VIP Member
Yeah i also think there was too much driving and not enough shooting, and too few side missions. It was very linear and didn't give you much of a chance to go and do your own thing.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jimmys Vendetta DLC is out tomorrow,Anyone else looking farward to it?

Btw has anyone actually every ran out of Fuel in this game,every car ive had or Stolen have never ran out!....was it implemented into the game but at teh last min removed or something?

i know they removed alot of features before release....as they want to make it DLC :/

Last edited:

joh06937

Jimmys Vendetta DLC is out tomorrow,Anyone else looking farward to it?

Btw has anyone actually every ran out of Fuel in this game,every car ive had or Stolen have never ran out!....was it implemented into the game but at teh last min removed or something?

i know they removed alot of features before release....as they want to make it DLC :/

i got a warning once but i needed a getaway car so i refueled. just drive the same car (has to be a badass one though ;)) for a while. the gauge is in the speedometer thing.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i got a warning once but i needed a getaway car so i refueled. just drive the same car (has to be a badass one though ;)) for a while. the gauge is in the speedometer thing.

Apparently if you dont bother to re-fuel nothing happens,it just keeps on running :D...If only this happened in real life eh :D

Btw does anyone else here think that Henry was really a rat?...its a big topic over at the 2K forums.

I honestly dont know if Henry was a Rat,He could have been but its hard to tell from the story....For all we know,Further down the line in teh story it could turn out that Joe is a traitor,its funny how twice joe managed to give the cops the slip but Vito always ended up been nicked by the police in the missions. :confused:

linkin

VIP Member
Well earlier in the game (same bit as the demo) Henry and Vito are discussing where Henry came from, he says sicily and all that. Then Vito asks how his english is so good, then the fat bastard turns up :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
New DLC now available!....£6.99 here on steam,Il probably snap it up.

Im going to wait a bit though and see what the people over at 2k forums say about the new DLC and what exactly it features,Im not very happy with how 2k basically sold us half a game and want to charge us more for the rest....if id have known it was going to be like this i would not have purchased Mafia 2 in the first place. :/

Last edited: