MineCraft

Calibretto

VIP Member
Mostly, to be honest I thought it looked like a cheap game that lacked in everything but it has some really cool features. For example redstone which is mined can be used to make logic gates. Also the system used to create the maps is so amazing, you can dig down in some areas and find huge cave systems that go all the way down to lava. Its really fun

Hmm, Sounds okay. I might give it a try when it comes out of beta. Seems like a huge time consumer though.

1337dingo

again was on the server last night, didnt die this time though but agian no one was on, made a basic shelter type of house out of dirt

ScottALot

Well this Thursday-Sunday is off of school, so 1337, you shouldn't be alone... PM me if you're on and no one else is on, I'll probably log on.

Twist86

Hmm says "mcnamara.dyndns.org outdated client" which I just updated so I think they might have updated again ~_~

*edit*
Nevermind my "bypass" code to move my folder to ramdisk wasn't updating (even though it claimed too) Also what ports do you use? I seem to be getting a bit of delay lag and wondering if its on my end. Also who ever made the first building near spawn I stole a half destroyed rock pick axe. Replaced with 10 of them in the axes/picks/etc box.

Last edited:

Twist86

the new minecraft update is quite nice :good:
I love the fact they installed a new file system. No more billion 4kb writes by the look of it...they went from 20,000 files to less than 300 files. Just wish all my mods would update....mo'creatures wont update for 1-2 weeks as the modder's laptop is out.

1337dingo

lol built a start of a house use will see, and it has a pool and lava pit, at first i had wooden walls around the cobblestone.. but that caught fire

brian

VIP Member
Yeah I really want to bring the mods back, its looking like it may take some time.

Also yeah wood usually ends in fire. My friends building when I updated the server spontaneously caught fire.. couldnt do much so it burnt to the ground.

ScottALot

I built the White House in a very efficient way.
Day 1 - Floor and walls
Day 2 - Front and back entrances
Day 3 - Interior walls and ceiling/roof
Day 4 - Clean up
Day 5-7 - Two Rooms at a time
Day 8-9 - Top Floor
Day 10 - Clean up

Those days weren't consecutive, the whole thing spanned over about a month and a half of just casual play.