MineCraft

jimmymac

VIP Member
finally got the diamond, made a diamond pick and spent a while mining obsidian. Wondered about one of those nether portals so built it and transported over, killed instantly and hadnt stoked any of the diamond or obsidian in a chest...bugger :lol:

Twist86

I usually bury mine 2 blocks each direction and it usually solves the problem. I then dig my trap and let them spawn away :p If you wanted to cheat while you built your trap set to Peaceful mode and no mobs will spawn from it.
I did this when I first started just to focus on my trap as back then I was jump when they just poofed outta no where :p

finally got the diamond, made a diamond pick and spent a while mining obsidian. Wondered about one of those nether portals so built it and transported over, killed instantly and hadnt stoked any of the diamond or obsidian in a chest...bugger :lol:

Brutal....never go there without 1 bow 300+ arrows and 4-5 food and at least iron armor as it can be brutal till you "hide" in the rock. Also always bring your flint/steel as those Ghasts can destroy the portal. I got stranded once because of that :p
Also Google "Minecraft Branching" and watch the youtube video. This will increase diamond yield. Then you can use Pixelmap/gimp to see a "over head" look of diamond deposits to increase your yield. I got about 33 diamonds in 2 hours today using the above :) (I use pixelmap as cartograph wont work with beta 1.3.1)

[YT]Az4KihqqRGk[/YT]

Last edited:

Mark4_4

i usually bury mine 2 blocks each direction and it usually solves the problem. I then dig my trap and let them spawn away :p if you wanted to cheat while you built your trap set to peaceful mode and no mobs will spawn from it.
I did this when i first started just to focus on my trap as back then i was jump when they just poofed outta no where :p

brutal....never go there without 1 bow 300+ arrows and 4-5 food and at least iron armor as it can be brutal till you "hide" in the rock. Also always bring your flint/steel as those ghasts can destroy the portal. I got stranded once because of that :p
also google "minecraft branching" and watch the youtube video. This will increase diamond yield. Then you can use pixelmap/gimp to see a "over head" look of diamond deposits to increase your yield. I got about 33 diamonds in 2 hours today using the above :) (i use pixelmap as cartograph wont work with beta 1.3.1)

[yt]az4kihqqrgk[/yt]

cheat!!!!!!!!!1

jimmymac

VIP Member
I usually bury mine 2 blocks each direction and it usually solves the problem. I then dig my trap and let them spawn away :p If you wanted to cheat while you built your trap set to Peaceful mode and no mobs will spawn from it.
I did this when I first started just to focus on my trap as back then I was jump when they just poofed outta no where :p

Brutal....never go there without 1 bow 300+ arrows and 4-5 food and at least iron armor as it can be brutal till you "hide" in the rock. Also always bring your flint/steel as those Ghasts can destroy the portal. I got stranded once because of that :p
Also Google "Minecraft Branching" and watch the youtube video. This will increase diamond yield. Then you can use Pixelmap/gimp to see a "over head" look of diamond deposits to increase your yield. I got about 33 diamonds in 2 hours today using the above :) (I use pixelmap as cartograph wont work with beta 1.3.1)

[YT]Az4KihqqRGk[/YT]

any chance of a rundown of how to do it using pixelmap!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this game still in Beta or not? only i registred an account and tried logging in and just kept getting "User Not Premium".

JareeB

anyone else having a connection problem with every server? my internet times out after like 20min its so annoying.

Bananapie

I buried it in sand blocks, it didn't spawn any mobs for a while but they eventually came. Started getting shot by a bow and arrow creeper and then it spawned another creeper. They killed me as I was confused all to hell. I put torches on all the blocks around it and will put torches like a mfer in the room... and probably end up burying it in another block more reliable than sand. I don't really mind burying it a bit, as I have no intention on covering that room up or anything.

Twist86

So boot up pixelmap and copy these settings below. (sometimes it will screw up and not render properly)

50 = Torch
56 = Diamond

This will produce 4 images in your folder. First is your explored land image, second is your "underground caves" image, the third is your torches image, (I use this so I know where my branches are better) and your final is diamonds.

Load gimp and drag all images in order into it. This is what your image should look like after you do it.

Now go to Windows - Dockable Dialogs - Layers to bring up your layers box (or hit CTRL+L in gimp)

Use CTRL + Mouse wheel to zoom in/out and find your branching area. Here is mine up close (right side)

Dark colors = underground torches while green/orange are torch/fire and the light blue = 20-30 blocks down. I am mining iron/coal atm which is why I am branching around 20-30 blocks down :) Notice the white outlined black dots? That is your diamonds all over the world. Go to your layers box and right click "Gray" then hit "Alpha to Selection" that will light them up so its easier to see.

Last edited:

jimmymac

VIP Member
cheers fella, busy with work for next couple of days but will give it a bash later in the week, strip mined quite a large area so setup to have a look now

Twist86

Totally looks like cheating....
Cheating is using Invedit....this is just managing your time better. Once I get Mo'Creatures back I wont have this issue anymore and wont need. Ogres in caves = diamonds so I wont need it. Spending 5 hours mining for 10 diamonds (or less) is not what I call a enjoyable gameplay experience. Least this will allow you to choose the BEST mining area for diamonds so you can at least get them.

Plus in the real world we use a similar type of method to check mountains/areas for resources like oil/coal/etc so I view it as a more modern solution.

teamhex

Cheating is using Invedit....this is just managing your time better. Once I get Mo'Creatures back I wont have this issue anymore and wont need. Ogres in caves = diamonds so I wont need it. Spending 5 hours mining for 10 diamonds (or less) is not what I call a enjoyable gameplay experience. Least this will allow you to choose the BEST mining area for diamonds so you can at least get them.

Plus in the real world we use a similar type of method to check mountains/areas for resources like oil/coal/etc so I view it as a more modern solution.

Theirs Ogres in caves?! I haven't so much as seen one of those slime things yet.
Your right, but when I started that was the fun of finding diamond. It was a big deal to find a vein of 2-3 blocks.

JareeB

i have a mc server plz join if you want it will be up till 11 pm central us&canada time
192.168.1.107:25566
its still being worked on so its not to good but come on in and play and build something cool. if im on ask for stuff i can give you anything.

edit never mind this stuff to complicated im getting a **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT! error when i try to make it a internet game

Last edited:

Twist86

Theirs Ogres in caves?! I haven't so much as seen one of those slime things yet.
Your right, but when I started that was the fun of finding diamond. It was a big deal to find a vein of 2-3 blocks.

Its a mod....mo'creatures. Wont be updated for another 1-2 weeks sadly and I am building my base/horse stables till then and trying to find enough coal to make the 2000 stone blocks I need to finish off my base. Then I need around 300 Obsidian to make a "ogre proof" defense to prevent destruction of my base. Then light enough Netherock fires to light up the mountain behind me to prevent them from spawning on the other side and bashing through.