Mirage Realms, we need testers.

Egon

I ran this by Ian before posting to make sure it was forum legal and he's fine with it.

I just thought I'd let you all know, we're (My friends Dugor and Fox) going to be having a test soon to find any bugs in our our game, Mirage Realms, starting now. Our game is a classic style 2D orpg. Think mmorpg, but only around 100 people, max. We have parties, guilds, PVP, shops, basic quests, emotions, spells... dungeon puzzles.

This is what to expect graphic-wise if you think you want to help find bugs:
meow.jpg
com_table.jpg

You might recognize some graphics from rpgmaker2k3, and you're right, we are using some graphics from there, but only until I can finish our own tile set. I'm also working on making items, spells and sprites for players and npcs. Dugor is our head programmer and Fox is the guy who started it all, but handed control down to Dugor and me.

Anyhow, if you feel like helping or are interested, you can reach the main site here.

You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. I'm just putting this out there for people if they want to help some new game developers. Input is always welcome and I'm willing to answer all questions. :eek: Thank you Ian for letting me post this and everyone who helps!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sever is:
status.php

Forum Download: http://www.miragewiki.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1007
Straight Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ic7py7h92pw65g6

------------------------------------------

NOTE
*This program only works on Windows based operating systems.

*If you have a x64 OS, keep getting Run-Time Errors (RTE) or .dll and .oxs errors,
Download one of these:
Silverdale Library
ELI Library

Step 1: Right click the library, set the compatibility to Windows XP System Pack 3 (or any thing above Windows Server 2000 if you don't see XP in the list.)
Step 2: Click on Run as Administrator and then click ok.
Step 3: Install the files.

*"Run-time error '339': Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Step 1: Go [Here] and download the msinet.ocx file.
Step 2: Place the msinet.ocx in the client folder with the mirage.exe and updater.exe.
Step 3: Right click CMD and run it as Administrator.
Step 4: Type in 'regsvr32 msinet.ocx' (with out the '') and hit enter. A message should pop up that msinet.ocx has been successfully registered. Click okay and try to run the game again.

*Automation error
Step 1: Sometimes sound and music can cause problems. If you get this error go into the 'core files' folder, open up Configuration.ini and set both Sound and Music equal to 0.
Step 2: Save and then try to login.

Most, if not all things should be fixed then. If you encounter any more bugs, please report in this topic or by PM of what you were doing at the time of error and what kind of error it was.

Last edited:

Twist86

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'phpbb_users' is read only [1036]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

when I try to download it....might wanna fix that up :)

Hooray my first bug report :p

Egon

Ahh, the forums are down and I think Fox is already a sleep. It should be back up early sometime tomorrow morning.

A bit more information on the game and what we have panned:
Once we fix all the bugs found in this coming test, we plan on adding --
AOE (Area of Effect) spells
Element types to weapons, npcs and spells. Things such as Light, Dark, Earth, Fire, Ice, etc.
A better quest system and a more advanced party and guild system. Right now they are fairly basic.

That should bring us to the next test once those are added.

Last edited:

Twist86

I finally figured out what this game reminds me off.

Mystic Quest on SNES with the gameplay of Soul Blazer.

Stevee looks like the main character and the worm is mirror to the worm monsters there.

How big is the game anyways?

Last edited:

Egon

Over all, it can be more then 3MBs zipped (20MBs unzipped). In popularity, there is a close group of maybe 12 or so that stick by and check the website and submit ideas.

Again' I'm sorry that it decided to crash as soon as I posted, now even the main page news is down. However, when it all comes back up, a new client will be posted once Fox is done making his GUI changes, so no need to download anything right now.

I also forget to add puzzles to the list of things in the game.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2840/pixelartexamplesyh0.png
In that picture you can see some buttons that you have to stand on. They open a bridge up to let someone across so that they can push the buttons on the other side to let you over as well.

Egon

Ok! The site is fixed and the forums are up again. You can snoop around the community some or even join it. :)

Egon

Once Monday comes around that topic will change again and you'll be able to download the new client.

N3crosis

So on Monday we will be able to play the game? It looks pretty good. Is this the first game that you have made?

Egon

Yes, on Monday you'll be able to play. As for the first* game that I've ever made, no, this isn't my first, but it is the most advanced game I have ever made/taken part of.

*This is my first game:
catchthereddotrv6.png

N3crosis

Yes, on Monday you'll be able to play. As for the first* game that I've ever made, no, this isn't my first, but it is the most advanced game I have ever made/taken part of.

*This is my first game:
catchthereddotrv6.png

Looks... Mildly entertaining :p. I wish I had some programming skills. I registered on your forum, and I was wondering, when Fox asks the community to make tiles and weapons and such, do you know what programs they use?

Egon

It was fun, the higher the score, the faster the dot moved. :p

MS Paint is what we use. Some use Photoshop, but they don't resize well so I have to remove all the little jagged pixels around the edges.

We try to use this format for graphics.
- Start with 16x16 pixels.
- Once you have your item, sprite or tile finished to your liking, select it
- Push [Crtl] and [+] (Number pad plus) That will increase it's size by 100% bringing it to 32x32 pixels. No jagged edges, clean and usable.

Redbull{wings}

Looks neat, I'll download it after it's up Monday. Also, I too was looking at creating images for the game. What kind of things are you guys looking for as far as the environment tiles go? I think it would be fun to create things like trees and bridges and stuff.

Egon

We can always use more trees and random brush. I think we only have four types of houses right now. Umm, some things for a jail would be nice as well as bridges.

Once I'm done remaking the current tiles, I'm thinking of working on season tiles. So once winter or summer comes around we can have the game change with the year.

I'm glad you all are so interested and I really hope you enjoy testing the game. If you don't want to register on the forum to download on Monday, I'll post a mirror download from FileFront.

N3crosis

We can always use more trees and random brush. I think we only have four types of houses right now. Umm, some things for a jail would be nice as well as bridges.

Once I'm done remaking the current tiles, I'm thinking of working on season tiles. So once winter or summer comes around we can have the game change with the year.

I'm glad you all are so interested and I really hope you enjoy testing the game. If you don't want to register on the forum to download on Monday, I'll post a mirror download from FileFront.

Damn that sounds like a pretty good idea (The season one). I tell my friends about this too. I'll attempt to work on tiles, although I'm not much of an artist :p.

Egon

Ok, there might be a delay unless I can find a remote host. Fox left for two days without turning the server on. :mad: