Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Danda

Game Fails for PC, only good thing going is Single player and even that is a short game. Not worth the 60 bucks imo

Dazzeerr

All good from me apart from the fact i can't go higher than 1024x768 resolution :/

I try to set it at 1280x1024 and it shuts down ready to restart on new res then an error msg comes up saying DirectX encountered an unrecoverable problem.

Anyone know whats up?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im enjoying it so far...single player is good,Multiplayer is even better imo.

Its easy to get online quickly with no fuss,No more Punkbuster either! Runs very nicely if i must say so.

Lets just hope they keep us updated with new maps! Or it will get boring quickly.

Only thing i dont like so far...You cant realy choose what map you would like to play on MP,Your basicly forced to play whatever the game room lobby has chosen,where as in the old COD games you could choose a server running certian maps.

The vote system for skipping maps is well....crap too.

But other that those two....love the game.

Calibretto

VIP Member
All good from me apart from the fact i can't go higher than 1024x768 resolution :/

I try to set it at 1280x1024 and it shuts down ready to restart on new res then an error msg comes up saying DirectX encountered an unrecoverable problem.

Anyone know whats up?
It's definitely not the game causing the problem. Might be your video drivers needing updated or reinstalled.

the sp is short and won't hold you up for the years that CoD4 did, and the mp on PC is effed up because of lack of dedi servers, mod support and console

+1 damn local servers D:<

If I remember correctly, it took me about the same time to get through CoD4 as it did MW2, if not longer. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the "short" campaign.

And yes, we all know PC MP got screwed compared to earlier CoD titles, but it happened, so complaining about it isn't going to change anything. At least it has the addition of Co-op now and I do enjoy some aspects of the new match-making. Specifically what Nevakonaza said:

Its easy to get online quickly with no fuss.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
If I remember correctly, it took me about the same time to get through CoD4 as it did MW2, if not longer. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the "short" campaign.

And yes, we all know PC MP got screwed compared to earlier CoD titles, but it happened, so complaining about it isn't going to change anything. At least it has the addition of Co-op now and I do enjoy some aspects of the new match-making. Specifically what Nevakonaza said:

I didn't say it was too short, I said it is short and won't hold you up for the same amount of time as CoD4 did, sp is about all it has going for pc gamers.

And someone asked why the PC version was bad, clearly they didn't know, I'm not going to start posting everything is fine and dandy now it is out, because that clearly isn't the case, and if everyone just shuts up now "because it's out" it will happen again and again. I won't bring it up like I was doing before release, but someone talks about it, I am going to talk about it too

Droogie

I got it for 360, and so far the multiplayer is better than CoD4. It seems a little more balanced, a bit more fast paced, and more organized.

PC gamers did kinda get screwed on this one, but matchmaking is still fun, and it's definitely worth purchasing either way.

Aastii

VIP Member
I got it for 360, and so far the multiplayer is better than CoD4. It seems a little more balanced, a bit more fast paced, and more organized.

PC gamers did kinda get screwed on this one, but matchmaking is still fun, and it's definitely worth purchasing either way.

But I want to play with my clan and I want gun game mods :(

anywho, going to one of my friends houses probably tomorrow and have a blast on it, already played some sp and first impressions: nothing special tbh, atleast not when compared to CoD4, more of the same, just a few extra guns and different scenery

Droogie

But I want to play with my clan and I want gun game mods :(

anywho, going to one of my friends houses probably tomorrow and have a blast on it, already played some sp and first impressions: nothing special tbh, atleast not when compared to CoD4, more of the same, just a few extra guns and different scenery

gun game is pretty sweet, i used to play it in css. it would be pretty awesome if there were dedi servers and matchmaking. i'm sure there will be some nice cracked servers emerging sometime soon.

JlCollins005

I have the game for 360, i do really like the online play it seems alot faster paced than cod4, the one problem i have is there are so many unlockables its not funny and there is a challenge for every fricken weapon or equipment possible. most the maps i have played are pretty good, theres a few that i just cant stand because you can camp one spot and its basically impossible to get you. Havent played much of SP yet but MP is pretty good i like the matchmaking now, if your lobby isnt filling up it will try to merge with another.

epidemik

OMG I need to get this, fast. lol

Yeah, its receiving a lot more praise from PC users than I was anticipating. I guess teams/competitive play havent really had time to start up but so far, not many people seem to think the loss of dedi servers kills the entire experience.

I'm looking forward to getting it. I gotta finish my college apps first (other wise they'll never get done :cool:)

chrisalv14

banned
Everyone on my Xbox Live friends list is playing this. I havent got it yet. Yesterday it was being sold for £26.99 brand new, they changed the price to £49.99 now :(