Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Aastii

VIP Member
Everyone on my Xbox Live friends list is playing this. I havent got it yet. Yesterday it was being sold for £26.99 brand new, they changed the price to £49.99 now :(

aah console gamers and their ability to be ripped off.

and PC gamers and their ability to be screwed over.

You, like many otehrs are sad now and it is all IWs fault.

I got to admit though, I am quite excited over going playing it to find out what it is like. I know for a fact it won't be worth it without dedi servers on PC, which is the only platform I'd get it on, but from the small play time I had, I didn't see the big fuss, maybe I am missing out on something here :confused:

Stoic Sentinel

I didn't see the big fuss, maybe I am missing out on something here :confused:

+1, I was over at my friend's house playing today, it was the same basic graphics, just... improved. Not so much that it's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING (sorry for all caps), story line's aight, but it's pretty short.

Masterfulks

After reading the negative pc stuff I think I'm going to skip this until it's on sale through steam.

I'm not paying 60 bucks for 6 hours of single player and a screwed up online game with poor servers. I'd rather get Left 4 Dead 2 or Dragon Age.

Dazzeerr

After reading the negative pc stuff I think I'm going to skip this until it's on sale through steam.

I'm not paying 60 bucks for 6 hours of single player and a screwed up online game with poor servers. I'd rather get Left 4 Dead 2 or Dragon Age.

It's matchmaking on Left 4 Dead 2 aswell, I don't understand why people are making such a big issue of it. It's a fun game, with fun online play. Yes it would be better with dedicated servers for competetive play but seriously, who plays Left 4 Dead competetively? It's just a fun online game, like Modern Warfare 2 is.

Nothing against Left 4 Dead btw, I will be getting it. :)

starlitjoker

mmmmm......

STEPS:

1. download steam
2. make a account
3. troll IW forums reading all the hate mail while you waiting for your steam account to activate.
4.go to groups
5.find the "Modern Warfare 2 BOYCOTT" around 1.5 thousand memebers.
6.join group.
7. go back to IW forums, post in the PC section "joined group, boycotting MW2"
8. get banned.
9. come back after ban.
10. tell everyone you were banned.
11. get banned again.
12. sign petition with 197,000 members on IW forum.
13. pirate MW2 to enjoy the campaign without IW knowing.
14. come back here and tell me im a genius for saving you 60 dollars
15. waffle....

starlitjoker

yeah well after being banned twice for voicing an opinion.... i dont think im buying >.< i was going to buy for xbox 360 but after the 2 bans... i dont think im buying it at all lol

Fatback

VIP Member
I played it on the xbox 360 a little today at my dads. The only thing that I really didn't like is that you can't be in a party when playing. If you are in party then it mutes your mics so nobody can talk or hear each other. This really sucks considering I usually play with a ground of 3 or 4 people and now we can't talk to each other with out the whole lobby hearing us. I think IW is stupid for doing this it makes no sense. The messed up thing is you can still be in a private chat.

Aastii

VIP Member
mmmmm......

STEPS:

1. download steam
2. make a account
3. troll IW forums reading all the hate mail while you waiting for your steam account to activate.
4.go to groups
5.find the "Modern Warfare 2 BOYCOTT" around 1.5 thousand memebers.
6.join group.
7. go back to IW forums, post in the PC section "joined group, boycotting MW2"
8. get banned.
9. come back after ban.
10. tell everyone you were banned.
11. get banned again.
12. sign petition with 197,000 members on IW forum.
13. pirate MW2 to enjoy the campaign without IW knowing.
14. come back here and tell me im a genius for saving you 60 dollars
15. waffle....

yeah well after being banned twice for voicing an opinion.... i dont think im buying >.< i was going to buy for xbox 360 but after the 2 bans... i dont think im buying it at all lol

if you mean getting banned from the Iw forums, I nearly got banned from them because I posted up the Hitler youtube video of it the day they broke the news...the mods weren't happy :p My post got taken down and luckily my account wasn't, but it was worth it :p

And your step by step guide is roughly what I am doing/already have done (notice the word "roughly")

mtb211

yeah man im sure so many people will illegally download that game, i shelled up the 60 for the ps3, seems pretty cool, althoguh I could not connect to anything last night on the PSN

Calibretto

VIP Member
yeah man im sure so many people will illegally download that game, i shelled up the 60 for the ps3, seems pretty cool, althoguh I could not connect to anything last night on the PSN
The game had some PS3 issues on launch, but as of last night, IW has fixed it.

Aastii

VIP Member

I aint gonna get it illegally, no point when I can borrow it off a friend, but I will buy it when the price drops/it is on offer.

And I think we should leave this particular aspect of the game on account of forum rules ;)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive been having some lag issues the past few matches...it cant be my connection.

Aastii

VIP Member
Ive been having some lag issues the past few matches...it cant be my connection.

it COULD be your connection, going through a moment of high traffic or maybe they are doing some quick maintenance or something, you checked your speedcheck speed?

g4m3rof1337

it COULD be your connection, going through a moment of high traffic or maybe they are doing some quick maintenance or something, you checked your speedcheck speed?

I've been getting some too, on the 360.

This was actually on Digg recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo

I think people should cut them some slack, since they are hosting the servers, and there's probably a lot of people playing, and they can't keep up, yet. The game has only been out for a few days..

Aastii

VIP Member
it shouldn't matter if it has been out for a week or if it's been out for 10 years, the servers should be lag free regardless of numbers, IW knew the hype that the game would get and should have better prepared.

If there were dedi servers then it would have cut some slack on their servers for the console gamers to have, but ofcourse, they didn't think of that when programming IWnet crap :p

starlitjoker

for ps3 users.. the PSN network is down for MW 2, some stupid pirate/legal issue i think. My friend had a PS3 and he was kicked off like 30 min after he logged on.. but yeah, for PC users it came out today... im not buying!

g4m3rof1337

it shouldn't matter if it has been out for a week or if it's been out for 10 years, the servers should be lag free regardless of numbers, IW knew the hype that the game would get and should have better prepared.

If there were dedi servers then it would have cut some slack on their servers for the console gamers to have, but ofcourse, they didn't think of that when programming IWnet crap :p

I thought the game came out on the 10th, it's the 12th. Even WoW has problems and they have other 11 million players paying $15 a month, and they've been around for 5 years.