Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been getting some too, on the 360.

This was actually on Digg recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo

I think people should cut them some slack, since they are hosting the servers, and there's probably a lot of people playing, and they can't keep up, yet. The game has only been out for a few days..

Yes thats exactly what happens on mine...

Im on 20mb virgin media connection....never had any lag issues before in any other games,and my pings usualy realy good...unless im playing someone in Aus lol

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
I broke down and bought it today...I love it! I played for about an hour and had a blast:D

I am not a real hard core gamer and don't play with clans or groups so the dedicated server and all the other stuff I don't even care about.

All I want to do is log on...select my guy...and rake people through the coals and ruin their night. The game set up is perfect for me:D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I broke down and bought it today...I love it! I played for about an hour and had a blast:D

I am not a real hard core gamer and don't play with clans or groups so the dedicated server and all the other stuff I don't even care about.

All I want to do is log on...select my guy...and rake people through the coals and ruin their night. The game set up is perfect for me:D

Same as me...not intrested in clans,damn im not good enought to be part of one lol.

I like to just start the game and be in instant action and run around like rambo....until someone nades me lol.

ducis

Mötösâki: ducis are you there sir
Mötösâki: i has question
Ducis: questions away!
Mötösâki: do you has windows 7 64?
Ducis: yes
Mötösâki: do you install programs to x86 folder ?
Ducis: yep
Mötösâki: only 64 bit programs go into the regular folder?
Ducis: nah
Ducis: if one can go in either
Ducis: *either on
Ducis: *either one
Mötösâki: if its in x86 is it not getting the benefits of a 64 bit os?
Ducis: nope
Ducis: i do believe theres no difference
Mötösâki: then why is it there :(
Mötösâki: SO CONFUSING
Ducis: i think its a filesystem thing
Ducis: with no impact on user
Ducis: its like asking why does mw2 suck?
Mötösâki: it just does.
Mötösâki: you have a way of explaining things so i can understand
Mötösâki: thank you, sir ducis
Ducis: you could say its because it has no dedicated servers, requires no skill, has a 1.4 headshot multiplier or because the story is crap
Ducis: but thats just touching the surface
Mötösâki: but then you could also say its because there are and will never be custom maps, a console, or clanplay
Ducis: or that you can't lean, or that is poorly optimized
Ducis: or that its dx9
Mötösâki: or that they try to incorporate too many things into a "modern warfare" game
Mötösâki: like cliffhanging and snowmobiles.... seriously, snowmobiles?
Ducis: zomg
Ducis: or nukes im multiplayer
Ducis: nukes+multiplayer=fail
Mötösâki: or the fact that MW2 is the new halo
Mötösâki: completely gay fag game for frrat boys and mainstream gamers
Ducis: the biggest problem with modern warfare 2 is that you can get a 15 kill streak without earing a single kill
Ducis: 3x frags, then stray for 2 kill through a wall with uav then airstrike for 2 kills then helicopter for 5
Ducis: thats a 15:1 kdr
Ducis: bs
Mötösâki: or the fact that it costs 60 dollars
Ducis: and then theres the fact that a headshot without stopping power does just as much damage as a leg shot with stopping power
Ducis: or the fact that is sucks penis
Ducis: with its mouth
Mötösâki: is there not a hardcore mode anymore?
Mötösâki: hardcore is all i ever played in cod4
Ducis: idk
Mötösâki: regular mode = for ****ing console fags
Ducis: all i played was promod
Ducis: and there no more of that
Mötösâki: no mods, ever
Ducis: what about fsx?
Mötösâki: thanks infinity ward!
Ducis: srry nvm
Ducis: i know
Mötösâki: ?
Ducis: nvm
Mötösâki: k
Ducis: we basically traded all the mods and real gamers played for ragdolls and more guns
Ducis: and there are shitty ragdolls
Ducis: they look like blowup dolls in marine uniforms
Mötösâki: what kinda reviews is the game getting
Ducis: 100
Ducis: 90
Ducis: 95
Ducis: its bs
Mötösâki: lmfao
Ducis: its teh second best selling first day anything
Mötösâki: what was first?
Ducis: there must be alot of 8 year old out there eh?
Ducis: harry potter
Mötösâki: wait you mean its outsold movies too?
Mötösâki: (except for one)
Ducis: i think so
Ducis: maybe not because you dont buy a movie
Mötösâki: the world is gay
Mötösâki: i meant box office tickets
Ducis: yeah
Ducis: im not sure if they compared the two
Ducis: it might be dollars earned too
Ducis: 60x1000000 >27X2000000
Ducis: more like 70x1000000

epidemik

I would appreciate if someone who played competitively in COD4 and actually owns MW2 could post their opinions on competitive MW2. Have you had any scrims yet?

It seems like everyone whos talking smack about the PC multiplayer doesnt actually own the game (on PC)...

However I do agree that it shouldnt be $60. Thats taking away the benefit of cheaper games for PC gamers. And I do agree (and dislike) how its becoming the next halo.

Bacon

I got it for 360 and I gotta say its new and refreshing, but I got a few gripes with it.

Maps are too big and there are too many spots to camp (offensive players get massively screwed over now, in my experience), kill streak bonuses are a bit too powerful, they kept the M16A4 and added another gun just like it :(

Couple pluses, tons of awesome guns, lots of crazy awesome attachments, tons of challenges, secondary weapons are no longer limited to just handguns, no more juggernaut perk, no more martrydom (to an extent, you can get it after 4 point death streak).

I'm digging the titles and emblems too, they're fun to mess around with. OH, big thing I'm hating, certain game types (like TDM) won't allow you to talk in parties it automatically defaults you to game chat. I honestly don't see the purpose for doing it.

g4m3rof1337

The new features are awesome. I just got done going a few rounds of just beating people down with the riot shield, lol.

Bacon

The new features are awesome. I just got done going a few rounds of just beating people down with the riot shield, lol.

People have a hard time figuring out how to beat the riot shield for some reason, I always go for the feet or chuck a sticky grenade at em. Fun to beat people down with though, I was in a game where the entire team was using them, was a ridiculous game lol.

g4m3rof1337

People have a hard time figuring out how to beat the riot shield for some reason, I always go for the feet or chuck a sticky grenade at em. Fun to beat people down with though, I was in a game where the entire team was using them, was a ridiculous game lol.

Hah, if you crouch and have the blast shield activated, you're pretty much invincible for a little bit, and the bullets being fired at you can ricochet and kill, lol. I would be walking towards someone, with the blast shield on, crouched, and they'd be emptying clips on me, I'd hit em once, then twice, then bam, lol.

Archangel

VIP Member
Just wondering, but on the XBox verion, is there Coop play? if so, I'm definately going to get it. (there's not enough co-op shooters on the xbox imo! :) )

Archangel

VIP Member
hmmm, can get the prestige edition fairly cheap... (nightvision goggles ftw! ^.^ )

the question still stands tough, is there co-op play on the xbox (split screen.)

epidemik

Just wondering, but on the XBox verion, is there Coop play? if so, I'm definately going to get it. (there's not enough co-op shooters on the xbox imo! :) )

Theres the Spec-Ops mode which is just short co-op kinda missions. Not full blown co-op but I've heard Spec-Ops is really fun. Im going to a friends house this weekend to try it (on 360)