Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Aastii

VIP Member
well much to my dissapointment, I am really really liking the online :p

The connections are mostly crap, with either a couple of lag spikes per game or unbearably piss poor connection, but apart from that, it is so so much fun. After 2 hours played rank 18 and using intervention or SCAR most of the time.

Is it just me or is there not as much of a community feel to MW2? On CoD4 people would join and say hello, you would have conversations and what not, everyone would always say gg, but here it seems that the only person doing any of those things is me (except for the conversation ofcourse, you realise how missable and serious people are when they don't reply to a greeting :p).

Also, why is hardcore locked until rank 19 :mad: ?

Fatback

VIP Member
well much to my dissapointment, I am really really liking the online :p

The connections are mostly crap, with either a couple of lag spikes per game or unbearably piss poor connection, but apart from that, it is so so much fun. After 2 hours played rank 18 and using intervention or SCAR most of the time.

Is it just me or is there not as much of a community feel to MW2? On CoD4 people would join and say hello, you would have conversations and what not, everyone would always say gg, but here it seems that the only person doing any of those things is me (except for the conversation ofcourse, you realise how missable and serious people are when they don't reply to a greeting :p).

Also, why is hardcore locked until rank 19 :mad: ?

I have noticed the exact same thing. I made a lot of random friends playing COD4 but no body talks(expect trash talk) on MW2.

Gooberman

scar with holo scope and Barrett with thermal scope :)

or a fun one akimbo rangers with commando light weight and marthon =]

Droogie

OMG IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

i got the damn nuke, and some guy on our team calls one in the instant my chopper gunner ends! TWO NUKES IN ONE DAY, AND NEITHER OF THEM COULD BE CALLED IN!!!!

although i got a nuke the very next game, and called it in. :D

Gooberman

lol i've never gotten a nuke :( i just sucks so bad i always do the run and gun and always end up dying :) i was only able to play online from Sunday to Wednesday (I was at my grandma's for christmas) my k/d was at .66 but was slowly going up and i stopped at .87 i can't wait to play online again :)

-------------
FYI i'm stuck on the worst thing for games dial up :/

Last edited:

Droogie

lol i've never gotten a nuke :( i just sucks so bad i always do the run and gun and always end up dying :)

you can't really play like that in this game. it's just way too easy to die, due to the fact that most of the weapons are very powerful. try being a little less aggressive and a little more tactical. it'll pay off very well.

Gooberman

terminal i just hid in the plane and had a turret at the very back so anyone who came from the back got wasted and anyone who came in the front also got wasted lol but with the rangers and lightweight and marathon it's very easy to go around shooting everyone down lol

Droogie

terminal i just hid in the plane and had a turret at the very back so anyone who came from the back got wasted and anyone who came in the front also got wasted lol but with the rangers and lightweight and marathon it's very easy to go around shooting everyone down lol

yea there are definitely scenarios where you can use a marathon/lightweight class. but typically the more tactical and more well thought out player will win.

Gooberman

On maps like Favela I would do the run and gun with rangers and maps like Afghan barrett and thermal or scar with holo :)
map i hate the most ~~!!! Underpass idk why i just suck so bad on that map

Aastii

VIP Member
I do the "nooby" thing on favela of having marathon, lightweight and commando and running about knifing everyone and everything that moves :)

However I like derail (I think that is the name of the map) and sniping everyone, or the map with the house, can't remember the name.

Gooberman

derail is that snowy map with train crap everywhere xD one game the entire enemy team wanted 1 building so i just planted my claymores and just stayed at the stairwell and was ownin em

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate derail,You have to look out everywhere as its all open and watch out for those snipers.....especialy if your on the far side of the map (By the gas station.)

Wasteland is also another im not a fan of...all the rest though i do like.

I wonder when we will see some new maps.:confused:

Gooberman

I hate underpass, all the noob knifers are hiding in the grass and if i don't have my thermal scope i die xD

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant to ask....anyone else agree with me that the Claymore delay perk is just OTT?

I mean most of them dont even go off...like you walk stright through them :D

Aastii

VIP Member

Droogie

I meant to ask....anyone else agree with me that the Claymore delay perk is just OTT?

I mean most of them dont even go off...like you walk stright through them :D

i think it's a well balanced perk. you have to have scrambler pro to utilize it, and equipping scrambler pro takes up your green perk, which could have been used for steady aim or ninja. it delays the claymore by 5 seconds, i've actually killed a dude that was using scrambler pro with a claymore LOL.

also if you people are having trouble on derail, here's what i suggest. use a class with a suppressed smg, marathon and light weight. the green perk i would suggest ninja pro, but it could be anything really. rush the other teams base as soon as the game starts, and enter the building from the back side. you can catch a ton of people off guard this way, and with the silencer on you won't give away your position.

linkin

VIP Member
I might pick this game up for the multiplayer. probably won't bother with the story... it like, 4 hours long or something? how pathetic, why not just can the SP all together?

Aastii

VIP Member
I might pick this game up for the multiplayer. probably won't bother with the story... it like, 4 hours long or something? how pathetic, why not just can the SP all together?

Those 4 hours are worth it, and if you savour it and do it on hard settings, it takes longer and is much much funner.

Droogie I like sniping on Derail. If you put thermal and silencer on and you start at the end with the sort of warehouse building, you are unspottable unless they have thermal scope aswell. If you start at the other end, sit on top of the small building near the spawn, you can see down the middle and the warehouse with office in there and never get spotterd, but if you are there you have to move pretty fast if they call in any kind of air kill streak like pave low or ac-130