Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Gooberman

i'm a horrible screen peeker :( i really want to have like 8 peeps bring their 360s in and hook em up to school monitors/projectors/TVs(I have my vga cable for 360 xD) and have major battles!

Matthew1990

For some reason I can't join any game. The loading line stays and doesn't not move and I get Unable to connect bla bla bla. This is PC version. :/

Aastii

VIP Member
For some reason I can't join any game. The loading line stays and doesn't not move and I get Unable to connect bla bla bla. This is PC version. :/

I was getting that earlier with a couple of games, I am fairly sure it was the host of the game though ebcause after searching a couple of games it would find one and join

Fatback

VIP Member
I just prestige today I am already back at lvl 42:p

The only thing I am having trouble with is with all the people that use marathon, light weight, and commando. I am tried of getting knifed from the other side of the map why the guy is carrying around a care package thing so he can run faster. It's very annoying and almost impossible to kill them once they press that knife button.

Aastii

VIP Member
when you prestgie I know you lose all your weapons and that, but do you lose all of your titles? If so, sack that, I have some stupid ones there that I won't be able to get again unless I get crap loads of luck again

Fatback

VIP Member
when you prestgie I know you lose all your weapons and that, but do you lose all of your titles? If so, sack that, I have some stupid ones there that I won't be able to get again unless I get crap loads of luck again

Yea you get to keep all of you call signs and emblems. You also gain extra challenges and get an extra custom class. You do lose all of you're weapons, kill streaks and completed challenges as you probably already knew.

This is assuming the PC and 360 is the same which I am almost sure it is.

Aastii

VIP Member
Yea you get to keep all of you call signs and emblems. You also gain extra challenges and get an extra custom class. You do lose all of you're weapons, kill streaks and completed challenges as you probably already knew.

This is assuming the PC and 360 is the same which I am almost sure it is.

awesome, it is worth it then :D

Don't mind losing weapons, use enough different ones anyway, doesn't cause any problems, same with perks and killstreaks, but if I lost those callsigns and titles, I'd be mighty pissed :p

Fatback

VIP Member
i think it's worth it just for the extra custom class slot.

Yeah that extra class comes in handy. Do you know if you get one for ever prestige or is it like world at war. Where you get one at like 1,3,5,7,10.

awesome, it is worth it then :D

Don't mind losing weapons, use enough different ones anyway, doesn't cause any problems, same with perks and killstreaks, but if I lost those callsigns and titles, I'd be mighty pissed :p

I am glade I did it. My favorite gun is the scar and now i can use it more because I have to get even more kills with it.

Aastii

VIP Member
Yeah that extra class comes in handy. Do you know if you get one for ever prestige or is it like world at war. Where you get one at like 1,3,5,7,10.

I am glade I did it. My favorite gun is the scar and now i can use it more because I have to get even more kills with it.

Yup, my favourite too. Finished all challenges except for hs with it couple days ago :D

been running about with riotshield though recently on s&d, sit in corner and let them shoot into it, every 15-20 bullets or so you get 500xp :p And then , they leave you thinking you are afk, so you go wait for them to plant, then stab them in the back and defuse...more xp :D:D:D

Aastii

VIP Member
Lol, i'm not that dumb to leave someone with a riot shield behind me xD

you would be amazed the number of 'tards that play this game :p

like for instance, firing a tube at someone, so the entire team huddle together at the end of the corridor infront of me, 4 kills in one :D

Droogie

been messing around with knife only classes, that and danger close. i'm getting bored of just using the typical assault rifle with stopping power classes. the javelin is a lot of fun to use with danger close on :D

Aastii

VIP Member
been messing around with knife only classes, that and danger close. i'm getting bored of just using the typical assault rifle with stopping power classes. the javelin is a lot of fun to use with danger close on :D

how do you fire the javelin without ahving lock :confused: I have seen people do it but don't know how

Fatback

VIP Member
Yup, my favourite too. Finished all challenges except for hs with it couple days ago :D

been running about with riotshield though recently on s&d, sit in corner and let them shoot into it, every 15-20 bullets or so you get 500xp :p And then , they leave you thinking you are afk, so you go wait for them to plant, then stab them in the back and defuse...more xp :D:D:D

I just got the 1000 kills with the scar and got 10k points for the regular challenge and another 10k for scar veteran I. Now for veteran II i have to get 2500 kills with the scar so I am going to be using it for a good while still.

Lol, i'm not that dumb to leave someone with a riot shield behind me xD

If you say so:D

you would be amazed the number of 'tards that play this game :p

like for instance, firing a tube at someone, so the entire team huddle together at the end of the corridor infront of me, 4 kills in one :D

No kidding there are a ton of idiots that play. I was playing ground war earlier and got an AC130. So the whole team gets in a big huddle and tries to fire missiles at me. One big bomb and I killed the entire team, then they do the same thing again. I was 33-0 by the time my AC130 was gone then I got stabbed by I guy using marathon, light weight, commando carrying around a care package.

People like you irritate the crap out of me:D

Aastii

VIP Member
No kidding there are a ton of idiots that play. I was playing ground war earlier and got an AC130. So the whole team gets in a big huddle and tries to fire missiles at me. One big bomb and I killed the entire team, then they do the same thing again. I was 33-0 by the time my AC130 was gone then I got stabbed by I guy using marathon, light weight, commando carrying around a care package.

lol, the other day I got a care package with chopper gunner in, so what do the team do, knowing there is a guy in a chopper above them? As soon as they spawn INSIDE (on favela), they run outside. I got 21 kills off just one chopper :D

Fatback

VIP Member
lol, the other day I got a care package with chopper gunner in, so what do the team do, knowing there is a guy in a chopper above them? As soon as they spawn INSIDE (on favela), they run outside. I got 21 kills off just one chopper :D

lol I do the same thing:p run out side with my stinger trying to get a shot on it. I don't care if I die I get like 400 points for taking down one of those things.

Which reminds me of something awesome I did today. There was a enemy harrier, pave load, and attack chopper all out at the same time. They where pretty close together and when I shot my stinger at the harrier it blew the pave load up, then the explosion from the pave load blew the chopper up lol. I got like 1300 points off of that one rocket. All together I took down 13 verticals that game including 2 AC130s.

Droogie

how do you fire the javelin without ahving lock :confused: I have seen people do it but don't know how

you can lock on to pretty much any point that's in the little display when you zoom in. so lock onto a point that you think is close to some enemies, and fire! it's really not that easy to get a lot of kills with, just lots of fun to use.

People like you irritate the crap out of me:D

it's annoying to get killed by it, but using ONLY a knife or ONLY explosives usually doesn't get you great scores. i just do it because it's fun. and when i say i JUST knife, i don't fire a single shot, only my dagger and throwing knife are allowed. i think the best i've ever done is 31-13 or something like that.

people call it cheap, but really it's not, because using either lightweight (knife class) or danger close (explosives class) takes away probably the best perk in call of duty; stopping power.

Gooberman

pff knife with akimbo rangers, now that's fun!!!!!! they fire but like 80% miss! (with light weight marathon and commando) :)