Modern Warfare 2 Thread

JlCollins005

so i dont have to pm everytime its JCollins1987

when sending the friend request put a message saying like Computer forum or CF or something so i know who it is

Aastii

VIP Member
I'll tell you what else I dislike about the game: all of the guns sound the same.

every SMG sounds the same as every other SMG, every asault rifle sounds like every other assault rifle, every LMG sounds like every other LMG etc etc etc. In CoD4 the guns sounded great, in WaW they sounded even better, but in MW2, it seems the gun sounds took a back seat and it has taken away from the experience

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm now level 23...and unlocked some of the better weapons such as the G18.

Whats your favorite map guys? mine would be AFGHAN.....love that map because its quite big and you can snipe from the top :),But its rare i get to play it....im fed up with the way the server chooses the map you play on because it always chooses Highrise and its annoying.

Battery

It's definitely not the game causing the problem. Might be your video drivers needing updated or reinstalled.

If I remember correctly, it took me about the same time to get through CoD4 as it did MW2, if not longer. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the "short" campaign.

And yes, we all know PC MP got screwed compared to earlier CoD titles, but it happened, so complaining about it isn't going to change anything. At least it has the addition of Co-op now and I do enjoy some aspects of the new match-making. Specifically what Nevakonaza said
yea it doesnt seem like it's the game causing that issue.
It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure the campaign of MW took me longer than MW2. I do however like Spec Ops and the large variety of guns available.
For Cod 4 and 5 the dlc on the 360 pissed me off. For the earlier games, after a while they would just release the map packs or lower the cost, but activision had to be a bastard. So now I have cod 6 on pc, and of couse they had to break the pc version too - atleast dlc will be free.

Matthew1990

I am planning to format and drive and reinstall the Windows, will my level go down to zero if I install the game again?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am planning to format and drive and reinstall the Windows, will my level go down to zero if I install the game again?

Online level?

No...finaly our ranks are saved online now,no more loosing ranks when we format.

But you will loose your single player save if you dont back it up,however im not sure how you do it for MW2.

Aastii

VIP Member
There is an option to back, however I don't play singleplayer anyway, thanks! Format there we go!

what!?!? Many games now (especially CoD) are like movies, very long movies and movies you are a part of, but like movies still. They realise in sp people like the story and the characters as much as the gameplay itself. Because of that it is worth playing the story in CoD4 and MW2, it is amazing. I prefer the gameplay of MW1, but MW2 has so many twists it is awesome

Matthew1990

I just enjoy playing ppl online, I mean I played the SP only once, finished in 7hrs, I am not planning to play it again.

Aastii

VIP Member
I just enjoy playing ppl online, I mean I played the SP only once, finished in 7hrs, I am not planning to play it again.

so you have played the sp of it? If so you sound so annoyed about it and upset about it, how can you be dissapointed with it, it was amazing!! As much as i dislike MW2 for the mp side (haven'ty tried it, but still from what I have heard from people, sounds as bad as it did initially) and IWs attitude, I got to admit the sp was a work of art

Last edited:

Matthew1990

It was alright, I just dont feel a need of playing it again :D Don't be shy to play MP, 3rd person is fun, maps are smaller, there are wars. unlike some whiners said that 18 players isnt enough, well now it is. 25 kills a map it's a lot.

Aastii

VIP Member
It was alright, I just dont feel a need of playing it again :D Don't be shy to play MP, 3rd person is fun, maps are smaller, there are wars. unlike some whiners said that 18 players isnt enough, well now it is. 25 kills a map it's a lot.

18 players is plenty, I prefer games with 20 players at the absolute most on CoD4, any more and it is a nade fest or dick head fest.

What I don't like and have always said is the lack of dedi servers, mods, clan support, server customisibility, server moderation etc

Droogie

^ it's been cracked dude, as i'm sure you are well aware. there are now plenty of dedi servers up, all of which apparently have a lot of activity.

Aastii

VIP Member
^ it's been cracked dude, as i'm sure you are well aware. there are now plenty of dedi servers up, all of which apparently have a lot of activity.

yes i know, but as it is against the ToU of MW2, if IW work out a way to find the dedi servers, which will almost certainly happen, and therfore the players, that palyer can say goodbye to online rights in the game, other than on cracked servers.

If I were to get the game, I would not use the cracked servers because I am not going to lose the amount of money spent on that over priced piece of programming just to get what should have been given initially, no matter how much better it would otherwise be.

ScOuT

VIP Member
there are now plenty of dedi servers up, all of which apparently have a lot of activity.

Sure has...it is the same files as CoD MW1...all you have to do is copy and paste. You log in and type the IP address, bam, you in a dedi server. It's everywhere on the web. I read it in about 3 different places already. I just spent $60 on this game. I am not ready to get caught and have it banned on my steam account. I don't play clan matches so it does not affect me.

The clans are keeping a tight lid on this one:D

There will be a patch real soon, maybe in a few weeks or a month. It will either disable something so you can not use dedi servers or IW will give in and let it roll. People are tearing up the IW forums about this, it has almost destroyed the forums. The mods there are keeping it as clean as they can...but they sometimes can't keep up.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i dont think IW will give up,They will release a patch to kill them dedicated servers :)...but then people will find another way round it lol

Aastii

VIP Member
they shpould just give up and make dedi servers available and supported, i mean if after less than a week there are dedi servers cracked, I doubt it would take any longer after the next patch for them to do it all over again