Modern Warfare 2 Thread

Bacon

Stinger works wonders on Harriers and helicopters. Takes 5 seconds to lock on and takes 1 missile to take em down. Plus if you have cold blooded on they'll just ignore you. Granted once you fire it you give your position away. Also have been having tons of fun with the Javelin.

Droogie

Stinger works wonders on Harriers and helicopters. Takes 5 seconds to lock on and takes 1 missile to take em down. Plus if you have cold blooded on they'll just ignore you. Granted once you fire it you give your position away. Also have been having tons of fun with the Javelin.

yea the stinger really balances things out.

Fatback

VIP Member

They work good on the helicopters, but they don't always work on the harrier jets, sometimes it takes more then one. I don't use the stinger or javelin, I run out of ammo so quick that by secondary gun is needed all the time.

Droogie

They work good on the helicopters, but they don't always work on the harrier jets, sometimes it takes more then one. I don't use the stinger or javelin, I run out of ammo so quick that by secondary gun is needed all the time.

maybe you should stop spraying :p

nah i run out of ammo often as well, isn't there a perk or something for extra mags though?

Fatback

VIP Member
maybe you should stop spraying :p

nah i run out of ammo often as well, isn't there a perk or something for extra mags though?

I don't spray but I usually get a pretty good kill streak before I die. I usually can get a AC-130 every game, unless my team is doing bad and they are spawn killing us.

I unlocked the extended mag for the TAR-21. It doesn't give you extra ammo, it only makes you're mag hold more ammo. You still have the same amount of ammo but instead of you're mag holding say 30 in it will hold 50.

Fatback

VIP Member

lol, yea I'm pretty good at COD always have been. There is just something about the game that clicks with me. I was in the top 100 kills in the COD4 leader boards for the longest of times, but I stopped playing for a couple of months and lost my position. I think I got about 104,000 kills on COD4, and already about 2,000 on MW2.

Droogie

So what are all you people using for weapons/perks/sidearms etc.?

I use the SCAR-H with sleight of hand pro and holographic sight mostly. i'm rockin the G18 too :D

Bacon

Lately I've been having some fun with the riot shield.

Class setup:

Riot Shield
G18 with Silencer
Blast Shield
Flash Grenades
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando

So much fun, you don't really get many kills, but I got 32 assists in two games lol.

Oh, and Scavenger Pro is Bandolier.

Last edited:

Redbull{wings}

Lately I've been having some fun with the riot shield.

Class setup:

Riot Shield
G18 with Silencer
Blast Shield
Flash Grenades
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando

So much fun, you don't really get many kills, but I got 32 assists in two games lol.

Oh, and Scavenger Pro is Bandolier.

The shield has some interesting tactical uses in the game. It would be interesting to see it's reception in the competitive arena community.

Fatback

VIP Member
I use what ever gun I need to use for my experience points. I just finished my TAR which is a really good gun.

Right now I'm using the SCAR, with red dot sight, and FMJ. Got the raffica M93 with a silencer and red dot. I use bling(pro), stopping power(pro) and steady aim(pro) and last stand for my death streak.

I also snipe a lot. So on that I have the WA2000 with a silencer and FMJ. Got the same secendery weapon. and the same perks and death streak.

Oh and I have the throwing knife on all of my classes:D

JlCollins005

fatback if your playing xbox live add me JCollins1987 i to usually get a kill streak of around 10-15 before dying ive had the nuke quite a few times as well. i rarely run out of ammo thx to scavenger

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone think the Shield is too over-powered?...i mean, Me and about 5 others teammates were shooting the hell out of one person that had one,and none hit him until he got his weapon out.

I realy like the Tactical Insertion....i have that on all of my classes,so when i get killed i instantly get respawned and kill the guy back lol.

cant wait to unlock the Claymore either that should come in very handy when im sniping in a room.

Last edited:

Droogie

Anyone think the Shield is too over-powered?...i mean me and about 5 others were shooting the hell out of one person that had one,and none hit him until he got his weapon out.

yea i agree. i think it should reduce the damage, not totally eliminate it. but still you can easily flank shield people.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yea i agree. i think it should reduce the damage, not totally eliminate it. but still you can easily flank shield people.

Actualy....come to think of it,Ive never tried killing any enemy with a shield on with a AT4-HS rocket launcher....surely that will kill him lol.

g4m3rof1337

Anyone think the Shield is too over-powered?...i mean, Me and about 5 others teammates were shooting the hell out of one person that had one,and none hit him until he got his weapon out.

I realy like the Tactical Insertion....i have that on all of my classes,so when i get killed i instantly get respawned and kill the guy back lol.

cant wait to unlock the Claymore either that should come in very handy when im sniping in a room.

The shield is awesome, lol. I went a few rounds of just beating people down with it, I unlocked most of the achievements, even got the shield emblem, lol.

They're actually pretty easy to take down, just got to know what to do.

Actualy....come to think of it,Ive never tried killing any enemy with a shield on with a AT4-HS rocket launcher....surely that will kill him lol.

Not sure how that would end, I use the blast shield with the riot shield, I'm pretty much invincible from the front. I was chasing a guy who was walking backwards, firing several rounds at me, throwing grenades, and even setting out claymores, needless to say, I ended up getting him, lol.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it me or is it messed up again?

I can't play anything online for hours now:(

I have problems sometimes...Cannot connect to host,then i had a timed out error or something along those lines,But most of the time its been fine.

You have to expect problems,i mean the game has not been out all that long.

Does anyone know how to change your control keys in the game? remember in cod MW and World at war to use your knife it was V?

Nows its E...annoying.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have problems sometimes...Cannot connect to host,then i had a timed out error or something along those lines,But most of the time its been fine.

You have to expect problems,i mean the game has not been out all that long.

Does anyone know how to change your control keys in the game? remember in cod MW and World at war to use your knife it was V?

Nows its E...annoying.

idk if you can do it out of game, but the first time i had to knife (in the training level of the single player, that shows how early :p) I got annoyed straight away and swapped tov

in game press esc to bring up the menu, go to options, controls (this may already be in the menu and options may not have to be clicked, I can't remember off the top of my head. The rest of this path should be spot on though), combat and find mellee and click it then press v :)