MoH

linkin

VIP Member
Linkin can you please explain to an old git like me what will i gain by doing what you said.

Well changing the FOV is useful when you have a widescreen monitor that is 16:9 or 16:10 as the game's default FOV (55) is made for 4:3 screens (aka consoles, 1280x720 resolution) changing it to 70 means you get to see more on screen, and it suits the aspect ratio of widescreens.

Changing the AA doesn't really have an affect in MoH singleplayer because it doesn't have AA anyway. But with normal games, it reduces the jaggies, I'll take a few screenshots to explain :)

linkin

VIP Member
Right, so here are those screenshots.

55 FOV:

55fov.png

70 FOV:

70fov.png

Basically it's more realistic with 70 FOV, it's closer to what you'd see in real life if you were holding the gun like that.

And for AA:

AA Disabled:

noAA.png

32xCSAA:

AAEnabled.png

joh06937

Right, so here are those screenshots.

55 FOV:

snip

70 FOV:

snip

Basically it's more realistic with 70 FOV, it's closer to what you'd see in real life if you were holding the gun like that.

And for AA:

AA Disabled:

snip

32xCSAA:

snip

woah, 32 AA? what the hell?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got the game,Man the Multi-player is going to need some adjusting imo,Its a Campers/Spawn killers paradise atm..you spawn,BANG dead...about 7 times in a row.

Also they need to adjust the Sniper weapons power its way too powerfull or make it so you need two hits with the sniper rifle to the body for a kill,1 shot to the head for a kill.

atm its 1 shot anywhere with a sniper rifle and your dead :/

@ Russb- Download Fraps :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do you mean (@ Russb- Download Fraps) what are they.

Fraps is an application that runs in the background,you can set buttons to either record or take screen shots of while your in game,Then all you do is upload the image files to say,Photo bucket and paste the IMG code wherever you want the screen shots to appear on a forum. :)

linkin

VIP Member
Just got the game,Man the Multi-player is going to need some adjusting imo,Its a Campers/Spawn killers paradise atm..you spawn,BANG dead...about 7 times in a row.

Also they need to adjust the Sniper weapons power its way too powerfull or make it so you need two hits with the sniper rifle to the body for a kill,1 shot to the head for a kill.

atm its 1 shot anywhere with a sniper rifle and your dead :/

@ Russb- Download Fraps :)

I think the semi auto snipers need a nerf. If the snipers can get you from your spawn you have a crappy team! but a legshot with a sniper should not be a kill.

When you are killed the screen should face the guy that killed you and follow him until you get to the spawn menu (aka CS:S before the major update)

And giving the ability to choose where you spawn, or at least change the guy you are following if he doing a suicude run.

A really good way to combat snipers (on the shahikot mountains map) and just run right up as far as you can and start fragging! (only works at the beginning.)

Other than that, teamwork and smoke grenades!

Would also be nice to see your ping ingame, not just in the server browser.

russb

Fraps is an application that runs in the background,you can set buttons to either record or take screen shots of while your in game,Then all you do is upload the image files to say,Photo bucket and paste the IMG code wherever you want the screen shots to appear on a forum. :)[/QUOTE

Loaded Fraps,very complicated for me so if i just want to take screenshots what button do you recommend i use.

Aastii

VIP Member
Loaded Fraps,very complicated for me so if i just want to take screenshots what button do you recommend i use.

Any which you won't use in game and can get to easily when you want. The default of F10 isn't bad. I think you would be able to use the print screen button if you want to avoid confusion, but it might cause a second or two lag each time you hit it like it does anyway in some games as windows copies it.

You said it was complicated, so what you have to do:

1. Once you have fraps installed, open it

2. Click the screenshot tab (far right)

3. If you are happy with where the screenshots are saved, leave it as C:\Fraps, otherwise change it to my pictures, or if you have a screenshot folder, there

4. On the right you have toggle buttons with different formats (BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA), set it to PNG, it is the best quality for most games

5. Click the white box under Screen Capture Hotkey. It will highlight whatever it is currently set to (default F10), just press whatever button you want to use instead and it will change to that.

6. With fraps still open, start whatever game you like, and hit the button that you bound to print screen on fraps, and it will take a screenshot.

7. Once you have finished, go to the fraps folder that screenshots are saved in (the folder you set on step 3.) and your screenshots should be there :)

=EDIT=

oh and by the way, if you try playing multiplayer in any game which has punkbuster, which MoH has, you might get kicked for Disallowed Program/Driver. It is fraps that is causing it, so to not get kicked, you will have to come out of game, close fraps, then try again. You won't be able to print screen with fraps, but you won't be getting kicked

Last edited:

russb

Printed what you have put Aasii for future ref: thanks to all for the info.
One day if i live that long i might be able to get my head around this computer.:)

Aastii

VIP Member
@ Aastii, why does PB kick when using fraps? It's a legit program :confused:

The same reason you can get kicked for having steam overlay on in most PB games. The program is legit, but because both are available inside the game and are part of the it when open, they both provide a very, very easy way to get hacks into the game. Not explaining it because it is a touchy subject, but that is the basic reason why

g4m3rof1337

I am really loving this game. I honestly haven't felt more of a rush in any other game. I've had a similar rush in BC2, but this takes the cake. Probably because it's more fast paced, when compared to BC2. Which is good and bad. Not saying it's replacing BC2, but it's definitely a nice change of pace.

Hopefully this game sticks around for awhile, even though I have Black Ops preordered (I'm not going to be one of the many people boycotting CoD cause of Kotick), I still plan on playing this. And there is apparently a DLC coming out (soon), so that's good.

And seriously, when I try to compare this game to MW2, I now look at MW2 like a TF2-type game. With all the BS perks and weapon enhancements.