MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeah i can't dish out $300 for a GT. It isn't worth it. But i might do $250 for a 3870...
Don't do either one, the 8800GT was only suppose to cost $200-$250, and the 3870 is only suppose to cost about $200. Heck even when the 3870's came out they were only $220 on Newegg, but I guess since both cards are in limited quantities retailers raised the price.

So I would hold off on spending that much money on one.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Yeah i would but.. have you seen my sig? :p

Right now the 3870 is $250 on newegg and i think the saphire one comes with company of heros, but at $250 its $30 overpriced. They have come down a little because all the 3870's were $270-280 i think. And if i get a x38 motherboard in the future i guess i could do crossfire.. :(

Ramodkk

VIP Member
not to get you worried, but the 2 times i done a chat session including yesterday they told me the exact same thing! but what happens today? :(

But you got the XFX, so you probably will be fine..

Yeah it better be fine :mad: or else I'll have to ask them for some kind of reward for waiting so long :p

yeah, im thinking the GTS will be ~$400 on release if the GT's are still this hard to get..

I seriously think im getting a 3870, and then when i upgrade ill get a x38 board and hopefully crossfire em'

I have to admit, the HD3870 looks sick!! translucent red cover looks hot!! :D But the deal, slim design and better performance (debatable) took me the 8800GT way :rolleyes:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
i just bought the 3870, its only "slower" by about 3-5fps. BUT also has better "eye candy".. but for what i have in mind for the future for me getting a x38 board, this will be the best way to go.

Geoff

VIP Member
i just bought the 3870, its only "slower" by about 3-5fps. BUT also has better "eye candy".. but for what i have in mind for the future for me getting a x38 board, this will be the best way to go.

Great choice! But how much did you end up spending on it?

Ramodkk

VIP Member

Well, congratz! at least you have 3-day shipping GUARANTEED! Good for you ;), Im still waiting on the 8800GT... :(