MSI 8800GT $208 @ Dell

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I didn't even know when the 8800GT 256MB version came out, was it today :confused:

256MB version though. They're talking about good deals on the 512MB version.

Man!I would've bought the 256MB version for the price if it wasn't for ThatGuy16!!, but I dont regret it anyways since I got the 512MB version for the 256MB price!

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Well, so i get a call from Dell today. They're not going to have them for a while. So i basicly had to cancel my order. I guess i might get a HD 3870

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Well, so i get a call from Dell today. They're not going to have them for a while. So i basicly had to cancel my order. I guess i might get a HD 3870

So you canceled it? :confused:

Man, they should send customers an e-mail to notify you of ANY complications or changes :cool:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
They called me, saying its going to be god knows how long before the manfacture gets enough to them. Pretty much saying im screwed and i had the option to cancel it.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Man I wonder if its the same with the XFX, I guess I should contact them and ask them if they have some in stock, if not I will most likely cancel too and I dont know maybe get an HD3850 512MB or an HD3870 as you mentioned. I don't think I can afford to get the regular price 8800GT... :eek:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
So, I started a Chat Session with one of the guys at Dell and I asked if they had any on stock (XFX). They said yes and that my order WILL be shipped no later than the the 13th of December but that it could be sent earlier. So Im going to stay with the deal. $250 (with shipping and tax) is still a pretty good deal over $270 at newegg. And besides theres no other card in stock that convices me at the moment :D

But yeah, its all good, I'll have to wait, its not that long now though, only a week for the card to ship...

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
not to get you worried, but the 2 times i done a chat session including yesterday they told me the exact same thing! but what happens today? :(

But you got the XFX, so you probably will be fine..

elitehacker

The problem with the 8800GT at the moment is that you can't get it anywhere. It sold out everywhere I go. :( The benchmarks figures and reviews are so impressive. 0_0

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
yeah, im thinking the GTS will be ~$400 on release if the GT's are still this hard to get..

I seriously think im getting a 3870, and then when i upgrade ill get a x38 board and hopefully crossfire em'

elitehacker

Do you know when the new GTS will be released? Its really confusing at the moment, and the disinguishing features from the old GTS because I would imagine that there would be heaps of those in stock and dealers would want to offload them.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Do you know when the new GTS will be released? Its really confusing at the moment, and the disinguishing features from the old GTS because I would imagine that there would be heaps of those in stock and dealers would want to offload them.
supposed to be the 11th
Date Posted: Dec/06/2007 4:22 PM
Rating: 0

Just spoke to Dell. Apparently they're receiving 3600 MSI cards and are still on schedule to ship them out December 10th.
I ordered mine around midnight on the 24th and he was nice enough to bump me to next business day shipping.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=784885&start=280

who knows what to beleive..