My first Rig and I need Help

azeem40

Why would you buy a product that you know nothing about?

You tell me. Are you actually saying that everyone who buys a product knows everything about it? No, online store reviewers aren't as knowledgeable as you think.

EDIT: If it was common sense, tell me, why do people buy the product?

wolfeking

banned
So you are not taking your own advice. Good to know. (last post to this thread too)

I would definately say that corsair is good and it has nothing to do with retards from newegg reviewing it. If you read their reviews that is fine. But Hello, you don't or you would see how bad they are.

And I am glad to know that you are a genius in everything you consume. Computers, probably automobiles, food, banking, everything. Because you would not use it if you don't know about the product, right?

azeem40

It's getting to the point where reasoning with him is going to harm us. I had to deal with a know-it-all on Tom's Hardware too, and HE ended up blocking ME for something HE did, which was insulting me.

tech savvy

So you are not taking your own advice. Good to know. (last post to this thread too)

I would definately say that corsair is good and it has nothing to do with retards from newegg reviewing it. If you read their reviews that is fine. But Hello, you don't or you would see how bad they are.

And I am glad to know that you are a genius in everything you consume. Computers, probably automobiles, food, banking, everything. Because you would not use it if you don't know about the product, right?

Right.

azeem40

How and where? You know what, just go to sleep.

When he said "his review", he was talking about the customer's review of "his product". When you said, "No you cant.", you are saying not to listen to his review. That, my friend, is a double standard.

tech savvy

It's getting to the point where reasoning with him is going to harm us. I had to deal with a know-it-all on Tom's Hardware too, and HE ended up blocking ME for something HE did, which was insulting me.

Just because we have different opinions, dosnt mean we cant be friends. I like everyone on here including "wolfeking" and you, even though I dont know you. After this, theres no hard feelings with me.

Edit: I was just stating at the beginning that reviews are a big part in buying something, thats all. Yes, some reviews are not legit, but then some are, got to go with your gut.

peace, love, happiness

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
I like everyone on here including "wolfeking" and you, even though I dont know you.
peace, love, happiness
I am sorry, and not trying to flame or anything, but if you like everyone including me, especially including me, then you are not reading responses at all. No one should have the ability to like the personality in this body referred to as wolfeking.

"war and hate are happiness" -me.

tech savvy

I am sorry, and not trying to flame or anything, but if you like everyone including me, especially including me, then you are not reading responses at all. No one should have the ability to like the personality in this body referred to as wolfeking.

"war and hate are happiness" -me.

Me love "wolfeking", lol, jk.

spirit

Staff member
So as the title says it. I'm building my first rig and I need help. Its going to be a gamin Rig.
The specs I want to build are:
  1. Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower
  2. ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77
  3. Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
  4. 8GB 1600 RAM
  5. GTX 680 2GB
  6. Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W Continuo
  7. Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20060572

With the monitor and everything else I hit right at my budget mark of $1,500
I'm just worried that the Mobo, SPU and GPU won't be compatible with the case and viceversa. So I would like to know if you guys see any compatibility issues between this components. Kinda nervous cause I don't want to buy the wrong parts :confused:

OK it all looks OK, but as said previously definitely get a better case and power supply. If you want my recommendations a decent case would be something along the lines of the Corsair Carbide 300R or if you want to spend more maybe look into Fractal Design's cases too. My recommendation for a power supply for the 680 would be something like the Corsair TX 650, that would be fine for a 680 unless you plan to SLI in the future and get another one, in which case you'll need something a bit more powerful.

I agree with the comments on the motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H is probably my favourite Z77 board out there now, it will definitely be better than LK ASUS board. If you can't afford a Z77X-UD3H maybe try for the Z77X-D3H instead, it's a tiny bit cheaper but still good.

If you can I would either forget about the 3770 and go for a 3570K (which is an i5, just as good) and spend the money you save on a better power supply, or if you want an i7 get a 3770K (not the 3770 non-K) as the 3770K will overclock, as will the 3570K. You'd need an aftermarket cooler for overclocking though.

Man this Thread has taken off into a whole lot of arguing :(. Hi spirit :good: Can you please recommend a good PSU for under $100 shipped? and a better case than the Blackhawk for under $100 shipped? This is my top budged and would prefer it was from New Egg or Official Manufacturer.
As for the CPU, I'm aware that K is better specially for OC but the extra $30 that it cost to get it puts my budget to high, so instead of getting the 3550k I decided for the 3770 to be right in between and still have the hyperthreadig option when needed.

EDIT: Spirit The one you recommended is right at my budget. TY (Carbide Series 300R)

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
There is actually not that much that hyperthreading can help with for the average user. And the 3570k is cheaper than the 3770, and the 2500k is cheaper still and overclocks better. A 3570k/2500k @ 4.2GHz will outperform a 3770 in pretty much anything.

PSU, CX600/CX700 would be all you would need and both should be below $100.

Case, thats your choice, buut something like a 300R, Source 210 or the like would be fine.