Need help building a new cpu

tyl2704

you guys know any good overclocking tutorials? I haven't the slightest idea how to overclock anything....which would be the only reason id spend the $40.

tyl2704

bump

wow, the price for the CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory that you posted paratwa have gone up again on newegg. I looked for them on ClubIt for cheaper prices but there are too many that look the same I don't know which one is which! Does ClubIt have them for cheaper?

Last edited:

tyl2704

bump......again......

I can't help but feel like I'm irritating people on these boards with all my questions....

tyl2704

I guess not, but I'd like to stick to the list that was presented...it seems pretty good. The problem I was having was not being able to find other sites...but being able to find the exact same RAM on those sites.

tyl2704

Hey I'm back, I'll be buying all of my parts for my comp in a few weeks. I have to wait until the end of the semester here at my university. I was wondering if any better parts have come out that could replace things on the list paratwa made or if there was just any news in general about newer parts coming out in the next few weeks.

tyl2704

All of you have been great help, ecspecially you Paratwa. I was just going to send you a private message but I dont know how.

I am in talks with my father and will be ordering the parts within the week.

Paratwa, if you could take some time for me and look over the list again and if needed revise it. I heard that there might be upgraded 8800gts now. If you don't want to thats fine, but I would greatly appreciate it. The list is on page 4 of this thread. Thanks again. :)

tyl2704

All of you have been great help, ecspecially you Paratwa. I was just going to send you a private message but I dont know how.

I am in talks with my father and will be ordering the parts within the week.

Paratwa, if you could take some time for me and look over the list again and if needed revise it. I heard that there might be upgraded 8800gts now. If you don't want to thats fine, but I would greatly appreciate it. The list is on page 4 of this thread. Thanks again. :)

***If anybody else would like to look at the list and give me advice I would greatly appreciate it as well***

crap I thought I edited the last post......sry for the double post!

tyl2704

so can anybody please take pity on a computer building noob?!?

If nobody wants to take the time to revise the list on page 4 (again only if it needs it due to new parts or what not) then could somebody at least tell me it needs a revision or tell me it doesn't.

paratwa

Actually quite a bit on that list needs revising. You need to get a different motherboard, video card and a couple of different parts. I don't have the time right at this moment to give you a new list, but I will when I have the time.

Lots of new parts have come out since that first list.

tyl2704

awesome! Yea I was worried that happened. Well whenever you get the time if you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it :D

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you don't mind, Paratwa... :p

Here's some revisions:

Case: Antec 900 at securemart.com $74.99

Mobo: P35-DS3L $99.99

Video Card: Get one of these. Honestly, I think the ASUS 3870 is the best value, but, apparently, the 8800 series cards are performing better in benchmarks. Not by much, though.

paratwa

Umm...

Thumbs down on the Antec 900, but it's up to you. But I have no idea what would be a better one for you. All of the ones I have looked at lately have been worthless.

Just be aware that it is not an easy case to use. Take your time and ask questions if you decide to get it.

tyl2704

so paratwa just wondering if you have had anytime to work up a new list for my computer. I'm ready to order whenever I get the list. Just letting you know, no rush though. Thanks again!