need help with msi170a

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would say there is an issue with the front panel shorting out or something. If nothing is plugged into the front why is it showing there is? Is this a fresh build? Has it ever worked? Standoffs between motherboard and case in the correct spots? You may have to build motherboard outside the case on a piece of cardboard to see if it acts correctly.

AlienMenace

Like "Cromewell" had said. You must have the HD Audio "Enabled" for the rear panel audio to work. I would use the Advance mode in bios to configure, not the "Easy Mode".

Jardines2788

it might be something like that i atually didnt plugged it mysel, so maybe the one who did it screwed up, and now i have no clue i guess i Will have to opne it by myself to see if there is something i can do,thank u man that is an idea

i Will give it a shot, get back to u later

guys it says hd audio controller enabled,could this be a hardware issue?

dude that looks like a lot of work but I dont see another way out,thank u I will give it a try to see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:

AlienMenace

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Why not? You can email them all the same. They don't come over and troubleshoot for you. They give you steps to try, then issue an rma so you can get a replacement if that is necessary.