Need some advice.

Darren

Staff member
It's alright, not great. I have the G45 and it works fine but I hear they can be kind of hit and miss.

Darren

Staff member
I personally have never had issues with those boards. A friend has the G46 and I have the G45. They've served me well and my board ran a decent overclock on my Phenom II for about a year. I just know from reviews that people have had issues with them and some people dislike them and others like me have had no trouble.

spirit

Staff member
You should be fine with MSI. Generally speaking, they are quite a reputable brand when it comes to motherboards.

Darren

Staff member
You should be fine with MSI. Generally speaking, they are quite a reputable brand when it comes to motherboards.

True enough but these boards are a bit on the lower end and are known to be flaky from what I've heard. I wouldn't give a ringing endorsement just because of the brand.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MSI board and it's been great and overclocked really well, but I still am a bit leery of recommending them since I've heard a lot about them being problematic.

Aidas123

True enough but these boards are a bit on the lower end and are known to be flaky from what I've heard. I wouldn't give a ringing endorsement just because of the brand.

Don't get me wrong, I love my MSI board and it's been great and overclocked really well, but I still am a bit leery of recommending them since I've heard a lot about them being problematic.

Any other MotherBoard Suggestions?

Aidas123

PCunicorn

Ok, sorry. The reason I go aganst ASUS is because RMA service is said to be pretty damn bad. Think, your board breaks and you ship it in, in perfect condition, they drop it and break it more, they won't fix it because YOU dropped it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, sorry. The reason I go aganst ASUS is because RMA service is said to be pretty damn bad. Think, your board breaks and you ship it in, in perfect condition, they drop it and break it more, they won't fix it because YOU dropped it.

What the hell are you smoking? I've had 2 rma's with Asus and with no problems. Even though I don't use Asus boards anymore, I'm strictly a Gigabyte fan now.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yeah really. I like Gigabyte better but the only problem I've with Asus RMA is it seems to take longer then it use to. Both customer support in general sucks, think they hire most of them from fired circus workers.

spirit

Staff member
Never had to RMA an ASUS board but then again I've owned 3 now and never had to send them in because they've worked flawlessly.

Jiniix

Beställningsvara, what does this mean?

When you 'beställ' something, you order something. 'Vara' is what you order.
If you order something online, it's a beställningsvara.
Danish: 'Bestillingsvare' quite similar

Aidas123

Still doing some research about PC`s. Found this one. The shop is selling it as a one thing. ( the parts are still in seperate boxes). I would like to know your opinion about this. This is a bit cheaper. I still would prefer the one you suggested, but I want to know more about computers. (that I would know what parts are bad and etc.) In my opinion the worst thing is the rams. (its 1330 MHz and just 4 gigs.)

Fractal Design Define R4 (art. nr. 5010644187)
ASUS M5A97 PRO 970 R2.0 AM3+ ATX (art. nr. 5010597653)
AMD FX-6300 3,5GHz (art. nr. 5010655707)
AMD Radeon HD7850 2GB PCI-Express (art. nr. 5010645324)
DDR3 1333 MHz 4 GB (art. nr. 5010331614)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (art. nr. 5010617326)
Samsung DVD±RW 24x Double Layer (art. nr. 5010657750)
Corsair 600W (art. nr. 5010663149)