New iPhone at WWDC '09?

brycematheson712

I think it will be a flop just like the first one. It doesn't appeal to business people because it doesn't have a keyboard.

[YT]C5oGaZIKYvo[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:

tlarkin

VIP Member
I think it will be a flop just like the first one. It doesn't appeal to business people because it doesn't have a keyboard.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oGaZIKYvo[/YT]

LOL, yeah it was such a flop that it is only the number 1 sold phone in the USA and only like tripled Apple's stock since it's release.

You'll get past the no keyboard part. I own both an iPhone and a blackberry and the iphone in functionality and interface trump my blackberry 10 fold.

LOL, yeah it was such a flop that it is only the number 1 sold phone in the USA and only like tripled Apple's stock since it's release.

You'll get past the no keyboard part. I own both an iPhone and a blackberry and the iphone in functionality and interface trump my blackberry 10 fold.

Business people won't get past it. It doesn't appeal to them. A random survey between six fortune 500 companies in Ohio showed that 96 percent prefered blackberry over an iphone.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Business people won't get past it. It doesn't appeal to them. A random survey between six fortune 500 companies in Ohio showed that 96 percent prefered blackberry over an iphone.

cite your references because I can make up stuff just like that and I can assure you that the iPhone is still the number one selling phone, regardless of who is using it. The bottom line is, MORE people are using it. The only reason I have a blackberry is because that is what my work uses with their contract. Had we got a contract through AT&T I would have my work pay for my iPhone, but we went with Verizon instead, and Sprint and Nextel before that.

A lot of it has to do with the contract more than anything else when it comes to business phones. There really isn't anything my blackberry can do that my iPhone can't do either. Both support POP and IMAP so you can get all your emails, and both support voice, data and SMS but the iPhone has multi touch which makes all the web based apps run like 100 times smoother.

bomberboysk

Whats currently the #1 selling smartphone? Blackberry curve if i remember right.

tlarkin

VIP Member

You can't be serious, how is that even a reputable source?

Whats currently the #1 selling smartphone? Blackberry curve if i remember right.

Actually, you are right but by barely, and it didn't outsell the iPhone the last two quarters it was only recently that it outsold it.

However, it seems that the main reason the blackberry curve out sold the iPhone this last quarter is because everyone who is wanting to buy an iPhone is waiting until AFTER WWDC to see if a new one gets announced, so they will be able to buy the new one instead of the current model.

You can't be serious, how is that even a reputable source?

Actually, you are right but by barely, and it didn't outsell the iPhone the last two quarters it was only recently that it outsold it.

However, it seems that the main reason the blackberry curve out sold the iPhone this last quarter is because everyone who is wanting to buy an iPhone is waiting until AFTER WWDC to see if a new one gets announced, so they will be able to buy the new one instead of the current model.

Lol do you even know what you're talking about? They got blackberries because they saw all of the features they have.

bomberboysk

You can't be serious, how is that even a reputable source?.

Simple, it isnt a reputable source.. Why would someone have a website with just one sentence on it... I live in ohio, ive never seen anything on the news about this, and all i ever watch is military channel, history channel, or the news(mainly what i watch anyhow, i would have seen it as if this "survey" happened it would have been on the news).. The iphone is a decent phone, but i believe in some places a blackberry or windows mobile smartphone, or even the new palm pre have their places also.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Simple, it isnt a reputable source.. Why would someone have a website with just one sentence on it... I live in ohio, ive never seen anything on the news about this, and all i ever watch is military channel, history channel, or the news.. The iphone is a decent phone, but i believe in some places a blackberry or windows mobile smartphone, or even the new palm pre have their places also.

I did a reverse DNS look up and then did a whois on the IP of the site. It is a personal site hosted on road runners consumer broadband....hardly a reputable site.

I did a reverse DNS look up and then did a whois on the IP of the site. It is a personal site hosted on road runners consumer broadband....hardly a reputable site.
\
And facts are facts, the blackberry is the top selling phone.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
\
And facts are facts, the blackberry is the top selling phone.

Out of the last 4 business quarters, 3 of them in a row went to the iPhone, and 1 quarter (the most recent) went to the blackberry. that means the iPhone has still out sold the blackberry, but just not in this last business quarter.

Until anyone can come up with a multi touch phone they won't be able to even come close to the intuitiveness of the iPhone's interface. Google maps with multi touch is soooo much better than just regular touch screen.

When I was in Chicago last summer I downloaded an app that told me every train and every bus, where it went, where to get on and where to get off, the line color or bus number and then laid it out over google maps. Pretty freaking damn sweet since I don't live in Chicago but still wanted to find my way around.

bomberboysk

Out of the last 4 business quarters, 3 of them in a row went to the iPhone, and 1 quarter (the most recent) went to the blackberry. that means the iPhone has still out sold the blackberry, but just not in this last business quarter.

Until anyone can come up with a multi touch phone
they won't be able to even come close to the intuitiveness of the iPhone's interface. Google maps with multi touch is soooo much better than just regular touch screen.

When I was in Chicago last summer I downloaded an app that told me every train and every bus, where it went, where to get on and where to get off, the line color or bus number and then laid it out over google maps. Pretty freaking damn sweet since I don't live in Chicago but still wanted to find my way around.

Palm Pre, reviews are pretty good on it. Multi touch, multitasking, copy and paste, mobile tv, good browser, etc. One heck of a phone, might bring the fledgling palm back into the smartphone market. Plus @ Sir Travis, the blackberry is the top selling in total, but in the last few quarters the iphone has been selling better, and will probably take the crown from the blackberry, unless the palm pre steals some thunder from the iphone.

Last edited:

bigd54

Ive read through all this just to see an arguement. haha I just want to know one thing is if the new iphone is released does atnt still have the exclusive rights for it or with this new iphone could verizon or other phone companies get there hands on it.

bomberboysk

Ive read through all this just to see an arguement. haha I just want to know one thing is if the new iphone is released does atnt still have the exclusive rights for it or with this new iphone could verizon or other phone companies get there hands on it.

Verizon gets the iphone next year sometime i believe.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, I just got my wife an 8GB 3G model. According to the engadget article, I could have waited and got double the storage and a bunch of other fancy stuff for the same price. Oh well.