New motherboard, still "no input"

Motorcharge

Well-Known Member
Back in September I started having some odd problems out of the blue one afternoon. PC worked fine the night before, then the next morning I powered on, things ran fine til I'd run a game. As soon as I did the PC would lock up. Restarted a few times, same thing, only froze when I ran a game. After the 3rd or 4th reset I went to power back on and my system would come on, but I'd get no video and I'd get a "no input" message on my monitor.

Figured it might be the PSU, swapped in a new one, no luck. Upon further inspection I found a bulged capacitor on the mobo (abit ip95).

Got my new motherboard in about an hour ago, hooked everything up and same problem. I've tried swapping out 2 different PSUs and 2 different vid cards and nothing has worked. As far as I can tell, theres nothing physically wrong with the CPU.

Ideas?

I'll post some pics of how everything is hooked up in a couple minutes. It's been a while since I've put a comp together, possible I did something wrong.

edit: only difference from my sig is I'm on XP (7 isnt installed yet) and on 4 gigs of RAM, not 8 for now.
 
Last edited:
Can only suggest to make sure that the motherboard isn't shorting out against the case. Test your memory using memtest.
 
In another system, would be the only way. What happens when you take all the memory out? Does the board beep continuously?
 
Don't have another system to test on. Only other comp is older than god and doesn't support DDR2.

I'll try taking the memory out and seeing what it does.
 
Last edited:
cmos was reset when i sent it out... but right now it sounds like a video card problem. had issues with 3d first, then 2d, pretty classic video card failure.
 
Glad i refreshed before I shut down and hooked all this crap back up on the other one. Wouldn't think it's the card, I've tried both of them on other PCs and they worked fine.
 
Definitely getting closer. Powered up after connecting it and it booted and posted but powered off after 20 seconds or so and now keeps powering off after a few seconds when I turn it on.
 
Tried using just one stick of RAM. Booted 4 times with RAM in different slots, same problem. Boots, posts, then shuts itself off.
 
sounds like power supply cant hold up, or maybe its overheating, did you reapply new thermal paste? because every time you seperate the cpu and heatsink you have to clean and reapply.
 
Applied new thermal paste and it's a 600w power supply, should be plenty of power. Seems to be a very common problem with this motherboard but I can't seem to find a solution that works.

I somehow don't see it overheating in a few seconds.
 
Applied new thermal paste and it's a 600w power supply, should be plenty of power. Seems to be a very common problem with this motherboard but I can't seem to find a solution that works.

I somehow don't see it overheating in a few seconds.

what brand is the power supply?
 
Also have a Spire 450w sitting here as well, just debating if I'm awake enough to feel like swapping out PSUs right now lol
 
hmmm, do you have another one you can swap out and test?

EDIT: read post above. yeah, definitely test it out.
 
Back
Top