New motherboard

charleslong

Praetor said:
Id say give the board a chance :)

Yeah, that is what I plan to do. I really dont have a choice, atleast for a week. Will newegg take the board back, if I say its garbage? I will give it a chance though. I hope the memory I purchased will work for it. I purchase some PQI memory http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-141-164&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0
This is a link to the board also http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-128-263&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0
Charles

charleslong

hey would this board have some software that is included that would allow me to see what the temps are inside the case and on the processor?
Thanks
Charles

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Shrug i dunno if GB has any special software like ASUS does. You can always use 3rd party programs though :)

charleslong

Praetor said:
Shrug i dunno if GB has any special software like ASUS does. You can always use 3rd party programs though :)

Do you know the name of any good software that I could get to monitor temps and stuff? I will find it if I know the name. :D

charleslong

Hey guys,
Well, I finally got all moved, and to where I am going to be for a month or so.
I put My computer together in a temporary lodging facility. I will start by telling you about my motherboard.
I noticed that everything in the MB box looked pretty high quality and there was a lot of stuff in there. Wish I had took a picture. Ok so you now you know everything looked good. Well, now to some other stuff. I installed my MB into my case. I noticed that in bios my MB was able to read all of my HD space. Well, I got to installing windows, and it didnt see but 130GB. I just went on with the Install, b/c I just wanted to see how the computer would run. Next day, I did a format, and hit F6 to install my drivers. (I had to burn them onto floppy)
I am very happy with the performance of the computer. I am also just happy that it works. B/c I read a bunch of threads about people having problems with this board, but im glad that I read them after I ordered the board. My memory and everything works fine with this Board. I am now going to see about overclocking now. This board has a lot of futures for overclocking. Oh yeah, did I say that I am happy with the monitor. Thing was definately worth 229 with DVI port!
I also purchased a DVD burner, I am very happy with this also. I have a version of XCOPY, and this works great. I just need some burning software for burning the movies on my HD.
I also wish I would have gone to wireless kyb and mouse sooner. :D

charleslong

Praetor said:
Glad you got it up and working well! :D

Me too!
It also came with stuff to monitor temps and all that stuff. I can also overclock from windows. I havent played too much with it. I will do some reading on this board in the oc section.

charleslong

Hey for some reason, everything that I play sounds like the chipmunks.
Anyone know what could have caused this? I havent used my 5.1 speakers yet, so its still hooked up to my monitor speakers. I am also still using the onboard sound.
Thanks
Charles

charleslong

charleslong said:
Hey for some reason, everything that I play sounds like the chipmunks.
Anyone know what could have caused this? I havent used my 5.1 speakers yet, so its still hooked up to my monitor speakers. I am also still using the onboard sound.
Thanks
Charles

Ok, guys, I got it. :)
I dont know how it got off like that

charleslong

Ok, I really should be starting new threads, but people are still looking at this. :D
I have a slight problem with my internet and I know that someone can help.
I am having a problem with my internet explore not being able to pull up new links when I click them from inside of a web page. the page will act like its loading up, but it wont or it will take a really long time.
Does anyone know what the deal is. I havent experienced this before. I just know that I am fed up with it already
Charles