new project (pics)

funkysnair

VIP Member
well im on my 1st stages of my new cosmos build!

my plans are to strip down the case and spray the interior matt black and fill it with 2 seperate loops using tripple rads!

my intentions are to run the cpu nb/sb mosfetts off one loop and gpu's of second loop (only have one gpu at moment)

i have ordered nickel plated motherboard blocks and im in the process of ordering a heatkiller nickel plated block!

one radiator will be mounted in the front of the case using brackets i have ordered form america and the second will be mounted in the top.

i will be using 6x120mm noctua nf-s12 fans (17 dB-Airflow 81 m3/h) to cool the rads!

before i got ahold of it with my screw driver
06122009027.jpg

06122009029.jpg

after the screw driver
06122009032.jpg

(how many bits dam it?)
06122009031.jpg

cleaning all the grease etc off
06122009033.jpg

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
i got to get rid of some stickers they put on and also the foam pad the psu ress on then the sanding will comence :(

i hate this bit-preperation sucks

funkysnair

VIP Member
cutting out the honeycomb grill
06122009034.jpg

06122009035.jpg

also cut out the plastic grill under the top mesh, with the grill in its a little bit of a squeez fitting fans in
06122009036.jpg

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I brought one of those dremmels,it had the same cutter like what you have on there funky and it couldnt cut through bloody anything,it was uselsss! :D

So are you building yet another rig....or is this mod for your current i7 system?

funkysnair

VIP Member
I brought one of those dremmels,it had the same cutter like what you have on there funky and it couldnt cut through bloody anything,it was uselsss! :D

So are you building yet another rig....or is this mod for your current i7 system?

this one i got is really good, used one disk and it cut all that!!

its for my current i7 rig, was gonna go amd phenom II but whats the point when i already got a powerhouse of a cpu now?

ill be running dual 4890's liquid cooled....

slight change of plan with the mobo blocks, there gonna be plexi tops (would rather have black pom) never mind!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
was gonna go amd phenom II but whats the point when i already got a powerhouse of a cpu now?

You know,Id love to sell my rig and Buy a Phenom 2,new mobo,faster DDR3 ram and Raptor drive with a antec p180 case....keep the 4890 obviusly.
Just got the urge to build something new :D...those phenoms are impressive.

But whats the point when what i have runs games on high settings just fine :eek: :p

Looking good so far Funky...

funkysnair

VIP Member
because its an adiction.....

upgrading my componants/water cooling is my hobbys at the moment so it gets all my spare cash :)

prob end up with that new ati gpu soon aswell lol

pies

Awesome build

because its an adiction.....

upgrading my componants/water cooling is my hobbys at the moment so it gets all my spare cash :)

prob end up with that new ati gpu soon aswell lol

I'm the same way now, I just got done painting my case.
And now I'm looking for another case to mod.

Jet

VIP Member
It truly is the season for case mods! Looks great--looking forward to seeing the process!

Aastii

VIP Member
that looks sweet so far

It truly is the season for case mods! Looks great--looking forward to seeing the process!

I would join in but have neither the funds, nor the knowhow, nor the spare time :(

I guess I will do some research, grafting and planning so when I do have time, I can join in with all of the awesome mods that people have done, and make them look even better because mine will suck badly :p

=EDIT=

looking at the first lot of pictures again, what are you working on, beacuse it seems someone has writtin on it :eek:

funkysnair

VIP Member
looking at the first lot of pictures again, what are you working on, beacuse it seems someone has writtin on it :eek:

its a coolermaster cosmos sport (£150), been redundant for ages now

never used it cos the airflow sucked big time due to the fact that there was 1 fan on the front for intake and one on the bottom, then 3 ontop and one on the back for exhaust and the big fan on the side is crap...

by the time i finnish with it there will be 4 intake and 4 exhaust using the same fans all round :)