new project (pics)

tlarkin

VIP Member
nah, i know plenty of people who can spray paint but no air brushing etc

I have a bunch of friends who are tattoo artists and they do awesome art work. I may have to commission one of them one of these days to paint a custom case for me.

funkysnair

VIP Member
yeh i think them custom painted cases are very nice..

i have seen a few builds by people who have the conections/abiltiys to do that kinda stuff

coolermiester is one of my favourite modders and he done a zotac build with the zotac painting on the side-some skillfull stuff there

funkysnair

VIP Member
11122009047.jpg

11122009048.jpg

funkysnair

VIP Member
thanx lads!!

i have alot of bits coming in the post so its really down to royal mail and it is christmas timeso they are slow

i did get my rad brackets to mount the tripple rad upfront, also ordered some more black tubing!

---dilema---

what colour anti kink coils?

uv red or uv dark green???

im dropping in 4 "12 uv cathodes and i think the dark uv green would look the part but im still liking the red!!

HELP

**EDIT**

orrrrrrrrrrrrr

silver tubing with black anti kink coils?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Red since you're running radeon cards. Red looks sick anyway. Sliver and black sounds good for the tubing. Hire an interior decorator.

Aastii

VIP Member
step 1 - Buy thief kit
step 2 - Go east a bit until I hit Newcastle
step 3 - You can work out the rest for yourself.

That looks freakin hot

funkysnair

VIP Member
Red since you're running radeon cards. Red looks sick anyway. Sliver and black sounds good for the tubing. Hire an interior decorator.

lol...

well its on your toes cos ive just ordered red, i ordered green yesterday aswell....

i got

red,white,clear and black tubing and red,black,clear and green anti kink coils so im sure ill find a good colour sceme

step 1 - Buy thief kit
step 2 - Go east a bit until I hit Newcastle
step 3 - You can work out the rest for yourself.

That looks freakin hot

its just an empty case, you might wanna wait until i finnish it lol

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
lol...

well its on your toes cos ive just ordered red, i ordered green yesterday aswell....

i got

red,white,clear and black tubing and red,black,clear and green anti kink coils so im sure ill find a good colour sceme

I'm not too crazy about the green, but if you match everything up right, it may still look good. Just experiment. :) I'm def lookin forward to the finished product.

funkysnair

VIP Member
I'm not too crazy about the green, but if you match everything up right, it may still look good. Just experiment. :)

yeh!

when people think of green they think of the bright yellow/green that thermaltake use-its actually very much darker...

im just gonna try it out and see how it looks

That turned out very nice. I like the idea of the black/silver hosing but really doesn't work well with UV lighting. What if you want with white cathodes?

funkysnair

VIP Member
That turned out very nice. I like the idea of the black/silver hosing but really doesn't work well with UV lighting. What if you want with white cathodes?
I want it to glow not light up though, i'm kinda sick of my pc's being too bright-in my antec 1200 the only lights i got are the LED's on the motherboard...

Aastii

VIP Member
its just an empty case, you might wanna wait until i finnish it lol

lol yes but I have the stuff to put in it, the case will do fine :p

I think when it is all together it will look awesome, but I dunno about green in there, dark, bright or otherwise. Still though, the colours I have in my head probably aren't what you have, so with or without green it will probably look awesome.

Deffinately looking forward to the end result

funkysnair

VIP Member
sorry about the lack of updates....

i have to wait until next monday to recieve my parcels dam it, no one in the house until i break up from work!

still waiting on my mobo blocks, but my switches and rad brackets have arrived so once i get my blocks and my tubing etc (monday) the build will comence into a fully functioning pc

only thing left to do after all that will be the gpu loop, once christmas is over anyway

funkysnair

VIP Member
my mobo blocks arrived, nickel plated copper with acrylic tops

niiiiiiice

15122009048.jpg

mossfet block

15122009049.jpg

but hold on here..............................

15122009050.jpg

WHO ORDERED THE PINK ANTI KINK COILS????

dam there is no way im using them, there supposed to glow red under uv light but im not having them pink....

dark green it is then

(mep that is your fault)