Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

nepts2

When I left my room, my bro came in and touched my mobo all over the place, with bare hand and said dropped some spacers accidently...

Do you think my poor mobo will be okay?

Thank you.

nepts2

Phew... Thank you for your reply.

Sorry Matt. My other parts are coming tomorrow so I'd just set up what I can///

curtains

Well i've built like 10 computers in my life, Never used a ESD strap before. touched CPU pins and motherboard everywhere. I don't intentially do it, but to date i haven't killed any components yet. its the static that kill's them. As long as your not wearing a woolen jumper or woolen like. you should be fine or on carpet. Oh and dont have sweety hands or really really dry hands cause that may cause static aswell.

mattsprattuk

yea, itll be fine i reckon.
it takes quite a bit to ruin a board.
you can be quite rough with it, as long as you dont put it on a carpet and irish dance on it, you can touch it quite comfortably and have it work still 999 times out of 1000

Olive

Your post,or we called it "problem" is merely a puzzle....
I am sure you would have to pay the cost for your mobo...

mattsprattuk

if you layed it on your blanket then its probably you that broke it, not your brother.
they come in anti-static bags for a reason :D
and i cant think of things in a bedroom that carry much more static than a blanket.
i tend to lay it on top of the anti-static bag till im ready to install it

hope it wasnt too expensive

nepts2

I layed on blancket for like a min. and for all other time, I layed on the static bag and on the table..

I layed on blancket for like a min. and for all other time, I layed on the static bag and on the table..

lol have you ever touched a car door handle or a tv screen and felt a tingle as the static discharges through you as it's grounded? i have and it took a hell off a lot less time than a minute !!