Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

PohTayToez

There is no way to tell until you test it, but here's a tip... whenever I'm messing with a motherboard, I always keep it on top of the static bag it came with at all times... if I move the motherboard, I move the bag too... just a good precaution... and always touch something grounded (I always touch the power supply) before touching a computer part.

PohTayToez

A riser, or standoff... that screw that keeps your motherboard away from your case.

And, not to sound condescending, but seeing from how you take care of computer parts, it may not just be the motherboard.

PabloTeK

Who made the power supply? I had this issue with my first PSU (Now on the 2nd with a backup) and it killed the motherboard. I returned them under warranty and got working parts back.;)

i had a dodgy board once and i don't know where you are but my local pc repair shop tested it for me free of charge.

are you sure all the front panel connections are correct, they can be a bit fiddly on some cases.

especially the power switch ones which have to be correct polarity but the reset switch ones dont matter which way,

PohTayToez

You gotta start from the beginning, because one faulty part can keep the whole system powering on. First, I would test the powersupply by itself, shorting the green/black wires. If that works, then I would disconnect everything from the motherboard except for the PSU, and try that. If that doesn't power on, then it's probably the motherboard.

nepts2

I went to CompUSA today (but have to come back to home to get a ram and cpu because they didn't have spare since the store is going out of business) and tested the mobo. They said all other parts are okay but the mobo is not. They just told me to contact Gigabyte to get another mobo... So I did and I'm waiting for the reply now...

Should I put other parts in the static bag and store it in a box or should I just put them on the mobo until they tell me to send the broken mobo?

Thank you so much for all your support.

curtains

ur lucky on that one ... but mostly there happy to replace it even if its ur fault mainly due to there lazyness to dealing with the stuff when replacing it to them is nothing much. ... i use to work at a electroic's place and it was the same deal... and hmm im suprised u know how to build a computer with putting ur mobo on ur blanket in mind ... hmmmmm :S well i guess theres always time 2 learn.

zaroba

lol curtains. building a cmputer isn't hard. for the most part, you can just plug in the stuff in the only place it fits :p

nepts, just because the motherboard doesn't work doesn't actually mean it was your (or your brothers) fault. it could have just been a defective motherboard.

when i work on my computers, i'm always lying cards, ram, etc on my bed, the rug, a chair, ontop of the pc case, anywhere thats close and without any anti static bags. my hands usually get sweaty too and i'm often dropping screws on the motherboard. hell, half the time i don't even unplug the power cord, i just shut down the pc to make minor changes (like cards or drives). yet after many years, i have had no problems. the stuff isen't as delicate as many people seem to think.

Last edited:

nepts2

Dang, you are very lucky lol

I know it's my fault that I left my mobo unattended...

I think it's highly unlikely that mobo is defective though (it might, since I heard closing stores tend to sell defective products)

Anyway, thank you for your caring.

curtains

It's not hard building the computer its just hard knowing what your doing and what you need to buy i think is the hardest part about it, its hard when u dont know about buses and stuff cause u could by the wrong parts but after that yea its pretty stright forward. just fit it where it fits.

curtains

It's not hard building the computer its just hard knowing what your doing and what you need to buy i think is the hardest part about it, and maybe the other thing is knowing when ur getting riped off for crap like a celeron may look fast to noobs cause of there cheapness, compared to say a athlon, a athlon with the same frequency would out perfrom a celeron with same frequency hardcore, but the real thing is celerons just suck... or say a 7300 compared to a 6800gt for instinct a 6800 is way better but the 7300gt is a higher number that fools alota noobs., its hard when u dont know about buses and stuff cause u could buy the wrong parts but after that yea its pretty stright forward. just fit it where it fits.

curtains

It's not hard building the computer its just hard knowing what your doing and what you need to buy i think is the hardest part about it, and maybe the other thing is knowing when ur getting riped off for crap like a celeron may look fast to noobs cause of there cheapness, compared to say a athlon, a athlon with the same frequency would out perfrom a celeron with same frequency hardcore, but the real thing is celerons just suck... or say a 7300 compared to a 6800gt for instinct a 6800 is way better but the 7300gt is a higher number that fools alota noobs., its hard when u dont know about buses and stuff cause u could buy the wrong parts but after that yea its pretty stright forward. just fit it where it fits.