November Folding Marathon!

Jet

VIP Member
What happened anyway? You were one of our top producers for awhile.

I'm not sure if you remember, but you're the guy that inspired me to fold in the first place. You helped get me SMP running for the first time. :p

Glad to see ya back on board Jet. ;)

Yep! The main reason I'm back is free electricity. I wish I could build a dedicated F@h rig here at Tech, but for now I'll have to settle for running an SMP client on my Macbook Pro for 18 hours or so a day. I got the console running so now it shouldn't reset WUs every day, so my PPD should go up to 1000 or so.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I have thought about it also...building a dedicated Folding rig.

You wouldn't need much really. I have priced it a couple times...about $500 and you could pull 10,000+ PPD. I might just do that sometime actually.

bomberboysk

So that's what happened with the Evga buck:D Pics please:p

We are actually moving along really good for a small team and only a few active Folders:)

I am doing some computer maintenance before I leave for a year(Defrag, file clean up, Anti Virus install, ect....) I am getting everything ready for my wife...I have to take about a 48 break to get the computer ready for her:(

Give me a couple days...I'll be cranking out some WU again:D
Ill throw some pics into my thread later tonight, about to head out to school hehe.

aviation_man

I got the console running so now it shouldn't reset WUs every day, so my PPD should go up to 1000 or so.

What's the 'console' and how do you set it up? I seem to be having trouble with my SMP client that it always resets the progress when I shut down my computer :(

ScOuT

VIP Member
What's the 'console' and how do you set it up? I seem to be having trouble with my SMP client that it always resets the progress when I shut down my computer :(

Mine started doing that too...it has always picked up where it left off:confused: It starts all over every time now:eek:

I also installed the normal CPU client for the time being:mad: I was pulling over 2,000 PPD with the SMP...now it's like 500 with the CPU client.

You would think they would make a simple file that would install easy and run smooth for something like Folding. It is a pain to get SMP running and then it does not even work half the time.

Good news is the CPU client DOES start where it left off...I have tried it a few times already:D

aviation_man

Mine started doing that too...it has always picked up where it left off:confused: It starts all over every time now:eek:

I also installed the normal CPU client for the time being:mad: I was pulling over 2,000 PPD with the SMP...now it's like 500 with the CPU client.

You would think they would make a simple file that would install easy and run smooth for something like Folding. It is a pain to get SMP running and then it does not even work half the time.

Good news is the CPU client DOES start where it left off...I have tried it a few times already:D

Hmm :( I guess I'll have to revert back to the CPU for now....
( and besides that I think that the SMP client has been preventing my computer from sleeping)

aviation_man

Why not just run multiple simple clients?

It isn't any use for me because it prevents my computer from sleeping, so I have to shut it off. When I go to turn my computer back on again it resets the progress (doesn't return back to the last checkpoint) so it doesn't do any good.

Bodaggit23

It isn't any use for me because it prevents my computer from sleeping, so I have to shut it off. When I go to turn my computer back on again it resets the progress (doesn't return back to the last checkpoint) so it doesn't do any good.

I said "Simple Clients".

You said you were having issues with the SMP client.?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got the SMP client up and running. I chose big units as opposed to normal, so I'll have to see how long it takes for my first WU to complete. If it takes too long, I'll change it to normal. Should be averaging around 10,000 PPD soon.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

Ideally, you want to run your PC 24/7. If you can't do that, then you're not gonna earn many points. In other words, don't shut down your PC or put it in sleep mode.

Aastii

VIP Member
Does every point you do count as a point?

By that I mean of the current WU I am on 390/1500, today I finished another 1500 one and a 500 one, so today will I get 2390, and whatever more of the current one I do, or are points done differently, because I am seeing much much lower than what I am actually doing, not in terms of WU, I have loads of them, but not many points to show for it :confused: