November Folding Marathon!

ScOuT

VIP Member
390/1500 is the amount of work that has been completed for that work unit.

Your computer has completed 3.9 million calculations of the 15 million calculations in that work unit.

Once you have completed it...then you will get a certain number of points for that entire work unit.

See what I mean?

Go here and type in the project number and it will tell you how many points it is worth once complete:D

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject

Aastii

VIP Member
390/1500 is the amount of work that has been completed for that work unit.

Your computer has completed 3.9 million calculations of the 15 million calculations in that work unit.

Once you have completed it...then you will get a certain number of points for that entire work unit.

See what I mean?

Go here and type in the project number and it will tell you how many points it is worth once complete:D

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject

oh i see, so what you are saying is I could get really unlucky and get ones that are worth 5 points each, even though one that would take the same amount of time may get me say 2k points?

bomberboysk

Does every point you do count as a point?

By that I mean of the current WU I am on 390/1500, today I finished another 1500 one and a 500 one, so today will I get 2390, and whatever more of the current one I do, or are points done differently, because I am seeing much much lower than what I am actually doing, not in terms of WU, I have loads of them, but not many points to show for it :confused:
Each WU has points alloted to it. the xxx/xxxx is just how far you are on completing a particular work unit.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Its in the WU log iirc, if not just get FahMon or HFM.net and it will give you all that info without having to look it up;)

Yup, FAHMon is a must have. For those of you running the SMP console client, take a look at Trayit. This will allow you to move the console window into the system tray when minimized. HFM looks kinda cool too.

bomberboysk

Now...if only my vmware clients would cooperate with HFM.net hehe.

Edit: Screw it, just went back to FahMon...the newest version of vmware player and the newest version of HFM.net dont seem to play well together. Lets see what a days worth of PS3. GTS250, 9800gtx, and Q9450 can do:D

Last edited:

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Not long to go now, amazing how many members fold when there's prizes on the line! :p Hope you all keep folding once the marathon ends :)

ScOuT

VIP Member
Not long to go now, amazing how many members fold when there's prizes on the line! :p Hope you all keep folding once the marathon ends :)

Me too...We have to keep the interest of everybody, I am sure it will slow down in the future.

I just checked everybody's work data from this week. I updated the second post with the names and who completed work units.

Motorxdude did not complete any work units yet.
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=202425

Aviation_man...I know he has been folding but I have checked the team stats and cannot find him anywhere?

Stanford Team page

extremeoverclocking page

ScOuT

VIP Member
Well...the November Folding Marathon is closed:cool:

It was a great week for the team and the cause! The Team stats shot through the roof...better than I expected:eek: I mean look at this...over 55,000 point per day average now, and 67,000 points in the last 24 hours. OMG...:eek:

The members eligible for the gifts is in the second post of this thread. I have double checked everybody's stats.
Here

Tonight when my kids get home...afternoon at Oma's & Opa's house...I will have a spreadsheet and my son will pick the 6 winners from the list. The order that he picks them is the order you can choose your gift. (he's only 6 and can't read yet...still working on that...he don't know any of you so there will be no favoritism) ;) I will hang the video of the winners on Youtube:cool:

Hard drive and keyboard ready to go:D
IMG_3336.jpg

Jet

VIP Member
Hey ScOuT!

Congrats on a successful Folding marathon! When I was trying to get CF involvement a few years back I couldn't seem to do it, but this was the perfect idea--and the rules for participation, etc. were perfect--it gave everyone the incentive to get folding, not just the people with the cash!

Everyone, let's keep it up! It seems as if we've gotten into the groove now, and those with kinks in the setup, etc. have gotten them worked out for the most part--lets break 300th!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I wish I could have done better, but using only CPU clients, I'm quite limited.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I wish I could have done better, but using only CPU clients, I'm quite limited.

Every work unit helps...if that's all you can do...the team will take it!

When I was trying to get CF involvement a few years back I couldn't seem to do it

Somebody had told me you were trying to do this a while back...I forgot who? (ian, mep, Buzz...not sure)

This is exciting for the team, I think before this I may have seen the daily average up to about 30,000...now look at it:eek:

I have to give my wife and daughter classes on running the clients while I am gone;)

We should do a regular folding contest, like every 3months or so where users donate can prizes.

It's a cool idea...I understand some people can't afford the electricity to Fold all day everyday. That will give people a week or so to let er rip. It will also help recruiting new members to the team.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
4870 in RMA or something?

Yeah the weekend the contest started I had to ship it to ASUS for RMA. Critical Core Power Fault, so it would keep dying if I tried to game on it. (Could play Arkham Asylum for less than 10 minutes).

Don't expect to get another one for a week and a half.

I was actually considering getting another nVidia card and selling the 4870 when I got it back. I'm an nVidia fanboy and know I can get that GPU client to work ^_^

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Yeah the weekend the contest started I had to ship it to ASUS for RMA. Critical Core Power Fault, so it would keep dying if I tried to game on it. (Could play Arkham Asylum for less than 10 minutes).

Don't expect to get another one for a week and a half.

I was actually considering getting another nVidia card and selling the 4870 when I got it back. I'm an nVidia fanboy and know I can get that GPU client to work ^_^
:(

For folding nvidia cards are the better choice anyhow, stanford has the points really screwed up on the ati cards so they get alot less ppd than nvidia.