wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters
3dFX!

Whats wrong with you guys?!

Remeber back then when choosing a graphics card was easy, and there was no BS in the #'s like there is today? Like, whats better, the R9000 or the 8500? MESSED UP!

Remeber how easy it was with the V3 3000, or the V5 5500.....easy! You know it was better because the model number said it!

God I just love that 3dFX logo when it pops up before you play your games....

Will always love 3dfx....and hate Nvidia for crushing them! Go ATi!

Nash

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Remeber how easy it was with the V3 3000, or the V5 5500.....easy! You know it was better because the model number said it!
Whats wrong with 9000 vs 8500 ... (its the 8500 for people who dont know) ... who assumed that a bigger model number meant better? ;)

Super_Nova

I've used ATI and have no problem with it but i'm going to have to say nvidia. The Nforce line of motherboard chipsets are nice and their video cards kick buttage.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
vanp1992 said:
I've heard that Ati cards cause problems ounce in a while an Nvidia rearely does
The last time I used an ATI card I pluged it in, installed the drivers that came with it and it bsod repeatedly, so after removing everything I tried again, hoping it was just a botched file copy but no :mad:. So I haven't used one since but people tell me their drivers work now, but I never had a problem with the boxed nvidia drivers.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard that Ati cards cause problems ounce in a while an Nvidia rearely does
Yet a bit of common sense will reveal that both companies, having made millions of cards respectively, will have had and will have, problemsome cards :)

So I haven't used one since but people tell me their drivers work now, but I never had a problem with the boxed nvidia drivers.
They work ... for the most part ... possibly because the box drivers are never the most recent. :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
I used an MX440 card for a few years no problems at all...ended up giving it to my dad and hes now using it. Now i've been on the Ati card for a good 6-8months maybe? It's very limited (locked BIOS, no overclocking like mx440) but i have had only 2 or so probs (drivers wont uninstall and card overheated on stock cooling). Besides those (which are fixed now and cooling is upgraded) this card runs fine. i'm not biased towards nvidia or ATi. to tell the truth i wouldn't know what to get in my new setup if newer cards came out. I lean for biggest bang for buck and so far the 6600GT looks like the most promising card in my price range.

vanp1992

One last post for the '' Game issues'' Graphics crash ...............................Ahh screw it, forget i even said this

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yet a bit of common sense will reveal that both companies, having made millions of cards respectively, will have had and will have, problemsome cards
yes I know :p that is why I never touched the GF-FX series and why I almost bought an x700 despite my hate of ATI's driver team but the 6600GT was cheaper

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
that is why I never touched the GF-FX series and why I almost bought an x700 despite my hate of ATI's driver team but the 6600GT was cheaper
You were? I thought you were gonna get an X800XT PCIx16 (or a X800Pro PCIx16 ... unless those dont exist) ... then again the X800*.* PCIx16 cards are silly expensive. ;)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
You were? I thought you were gonna get an X800XT PCIx16 (or a X800Pro PCIx16 ... unless those dont exist) ... then again the X800*.* PCIx16 cards are silly expensive. ;)
I rarely buy the top of the line card at anytime, you can get more than decent performance from the new midrange cards. And I don't think there are PCIe x800s for retail yet

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I rarely buy the top of the line card at anytime, you can get more than decent performance from the new midrange cards. And I don't think there are PCIe x800s for retail yet
Ok thats just bad memory on my part then ... it seemd kinda off with respect to purchasing philosophy but at the time there werent really options from NV40 (and the NV43 wasnt out yet) in PCIe ... -shrug-

As for availability, PCI X800XTs are easy to find ... X800XTPEs are damn near nonexistent ... dunno abou the X800Pros

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
As for availability, PCI X800XTs are easy to find ... X800XTPEs are damn near nonexistent ... dunno abou the X800Pros
does any canadian store sell a PCIe X800*? I haven't seen any yet, only AGP versions

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
does any canadian store sell a PCIe X800*? I haven't seen any yet, only AGP versions
- NEWS has the X800Pro in PCIe
- Bigfoot has the X800XTPE ... prolly have the XT too ... whether any in stock is a different gamee altogether
- CanadaComp has a whole bunch ... i know the local store had/has at least one in stock (well they did yesterday)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Canada Computers must have just gotten those, they didn't have any (that I saw anyway) a couple days ago

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Their shipments come Tue/Thu/Sat if im not mistaken (at least this outlet) ... I'll buy it for ya if you want ... i get discount :p Drop me a msg if you're interested