wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

crimsonnblue

Both

I have had both, Each company makes cards equivelent to eachother is all about getting the biggest bang for your buck. :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
nVidia is great for gaming, ATI is great for working with video/image editing/etc.
You mean specificall the AIW capabilities right? Or were you referring to a specific architectural advantage in the GPUs?

jesbax

I prefer Nvidia. In fact i have two of them and they use the same set of drivers. The one ATI card i did have didn't lase 3 mounths before it went out.

Chewbacca

I prefer nvidia 'cause their cards cool better on my comp and they're like rockin' fast for gaming........but their cards are a bit on the large side...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer nvidia 'cause their cards cool better on my comp and they're like rockin' fast for gaming
How so? It's quite readily accepted that ATi cards run cooler ...

4W4K3

VIP Member
I though nVidia cards ran 10-20C hotter, because the chips they use have a die temp of like 100C while ATi mostly die at 80C. It might be different for newer cards though i dunno...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I though nVidia cards ran 10-20C hotter, because the chips they use have a die temp of like 100C while ATi mostly die at 80C.
1. They do. My above post was boarderline rhetorical
2. I dunno about 100 and 80 tho ... thats about twice what im runnning and the chip's more than able to handle past 120C

Manito6800

I think Nvidia, because they are a bit cheaper, first of all if you can find a good deal. I read on "guru of 3D" that new Nvidia models (GeForce 6800 GT and Ultra) run cooler than ATi's Radeon X800. Not bashing ATi, I just prefer Nvidia. They have a lot more models to choose from too.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I read on "guru of 3D" that new Nvidia models (GeForce 6800 GT and Ultra) run cooler than ATi's Radeon X800.
Got a link on this?

They have a lot more models to choose from too.
Whoa definitely not ... ATi's damn near flooded the market with products :p

Manito6800

Guru of 3D

To defend my ignorance, I haven't seen as many Radeon Cards around the Internet as I have Nvidia Cards. Maybe the design of the Nvidia website makes it seem like they have more products. :confused:

Last edited:

john1979

I use both for differant reasons, for my home server/file storage i use Quadro 4 FX3000 256MB AGP 2xDVI-I, and for my main pc on the network (gaming pc) i am currently using an ATI x800.

For gaming i will stick with with ati but for server/network point access i will stick with the quadro seeries of cards.