Nvidia or ATI

wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

Nums

I like both companies equally, each have had their ups and downs, but if I had to choose I would side with ATI just because that is the one I'm using atm. :)

Aastii

VIP Member
nvidia

The last time i had an ATI video card was alot of years ago, i had an ATI rage theatr, think it was an ATI 9000 or something, hated it so damn much.

Several years later and a few system rebuilds and having tried nvidia, i realised good god i love these cards. if i had a decent ATI card to begin with i would probably prefer em as i'd be using them, but as i have had very good experience with nvidia always, i think thats the choice for me

vinnie107

As with all large markets you will always have the high priced and slightly better quality product with Nvidia and the really good value but slightly worse than Nvidia product with ATI.

I prefer ATI because of this, but a money no option is has to be Nvidia.

Jesper770

I would NOT buy ATI. I own a 5970 and it gets beaten by nvidias 285 in stress tests on all the pcs ive tried them in with all the high end gear. and plus the drivers ati comes up with atm .... just no

Aastii

VIP Member
it's nice to bump old threads with info you already posted :)

Well I change my opinion from over a year ago, sort of. I prefer ATi because of price/performance, however given the choice, would go nVidia because of the 460, but alas, I am poor. I was loving my 3870 when I had it though, and now I'm over the issues with the 5770, I'm loving that even more

pokethesmot

i have a ATI card and ive never had a Nvidia but i have heard Nvidia works better with ubuntu because when i had windows i loved my ATI card but now that i have ubuntu i want a Nvidia so dang bad so as far as performance i have no idea but i am going to say Nvidia has way better drivers

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have a ATI card and ive never had a Nvidia but i have heard Nvidia works better with ubuntu because when i had windows i loved my ATI card but now that i have ubuntu i want a Nvidia so dang bad so as far as performance i have no idea but i am going to say Nvidia has way better drivers

Will i have an ATI (Now AMD) card and when i tried Ubuntu a few months back it worked flawless,even before i installed the drivers.....it just worked.

fastdude

I have to say ATi, though only just. I have no massive opinion, ATi just offer better bang for buck at the moment, with the exception of the 460. nVidia GPUs much better at folding though