wat do u prefer Nvidia or ATI

• Nvidia

Votes: 908 68.3%
  • ATI

Votes: 421 31.7%

• Total voters

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Okay, SiliconDick, lemme guess... you couldn't win the flame war at overclockers, so now you have to bring your crap over here? Good call, NVIDIOT. And why is using multi-quote so hard for you to comprehend? Someone was actually so nice as to post multiquoting instructions on OCN just for you, and you still keep double - no - quadruple posting. Give us a break. I never had trouble getting my ATi card properly set up even 10 years ago back when I was a kid and my knowledge on computers was limited to my skills at Age of Empires and Boulder Dash. You keep bashing ATi cards because of driver issues, like it was a valid point - people have trouble with NVIDIA drivers just as well. Geez...

Nvidia ROCKS compared to ATI
Yea. ATi didn't release massive amounts of faulty GPUs, ATi is not getting sued by their own shareholders, ATi actually makes some profit off their cards... call that rocking.

Last edited:

Intel_man

VIP Member
Okay, SiliconDick, lemme guess... you couldn't win the flame war at overclockers, so now you have to bring your crap over here? Good call, NVIDIOT. And why is using multi-quote so hard for you to comprehend? Someone was actually so nice as to post multiquoting instructions on OCN just for you, and you still keep double - no - quadruple posting. Give us a break. I never had trouble getting my ATi card properly set up even 10 years ago back when I was a kid and my knowledge on computers was limited to my skills at Age of Empires and Boulder Dash. You keep bashing ATi cards because of driver issues, like it was a valid point - people have trouble with NVIDIA drivers just as well. Geez...

Yea. ATi didn't release massive amounts of faulty GPUs, ATi is not getting sued by their own shareholders, ATi actually makes some profit off their cards... call that rocking.
The only problem with ATi so far is that most recent games partner with Nvidia...

ScOuT

VIP Member
It's all just personal choice. Both companies make great products. I have always used Nvidia and never had any issues, that's why I voted for Nvidia. My new BFG GTX 260 is amazing! I might do a "trade-up" and add about $120 and get the GTX 280:) I have to talk with the household commander and see what she thinks:(

For only $215 and free shipping, a mini LED flashlight, a free copy of 3Dmark vantage and Far Cry 2....that deal is hard to beat. Now who has the best price = performance ratio?

Last edited:

fordinski

coming from someone whos owned only ATI's id rather go with NVIDIA. ive done some window shopping for my next big pc project and it seems that all the high end ATI cards are loud, overheat, and have buggy drivers that are a hassle, according to thousands of newegg.com reviewers and other resources. i plan on NVIDIA for my next purchase.

LoneWolf_Spike

I would CURRENTLY choose nVidia I felt like throwing bang for buck out the window and going crazy for quad SLI
I would CURRENTLY choose ATI if felt like getting a high performance card(s) but not crazily throwing money at them

Bartmasta

banned
I have never had ati but I heard that they have some problems like overheating and other stuff

The cards that I had/have are 7600 GT and 9600 GT, both PALiT.

antman

LOL.. yet another poll :).. Well you missed an option or two but that's OK.. I'm not going to choose as they are both great companys with great products.. Last time around I bought ATI because they where offering the best bang for the buck and this time around a choose Nvidia and next time who knows :)..

Yeah, I agree. Its mostly who is putting out the best product at the time and the price.

GSAV55

Yeah, I currently have 2 nvidia 7900s in sli, but I'm upgrading to an ati 4870 1G. What kind of performance increase do you think I'll see?

Dazzeerr

I've never owned an ATI card, i've thought about it many times but the ones that are most similar to the nVidia cards i think of buying always have something i dislike. Usually the look of the card, Sapphire seem to plaster all their graphics cards with chinese game characters :p

Graphics cards ive owned have been:
Geforce 2 MX (Counter-Strike 1.6!)
Geforce 4400 MX (Still Counter-Strike 1.6 :p)
Geforce FX 5200 (Doom 3)
Geforce 8500GT (Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2)
and soon a 9800GT/Q6600 combo which i hope shall run some new games flawlessly :D

So yeah. ATI cards have just never really appealed to me. Plus my way of thinking is Intel & Geforce together and AMD & ATI together. Wouldn't seem right putting an ATI card in with a Q6600 or something. Hah, strange I know but it's just the way me and my mates saw it years ago so it's drummed into me.

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Graphics cards ive owned have been:
Geforce 2 MX (Counter-Strike 1.6!)
Geforce 4400 MX (Still Counter-Strike 1.6 )
Geforce FX 5200 (Doom 3)
Geforce 8500GT (Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2)
and soon a 9800GT/Q6600 combo which i hope shall run some new games flawlessly
:eek:

I've had both... and they're all legendary :D

towly

Im in between a 9800gtx+ and a HD 4850. Ive been reading reviews and its pretty hard to decide which one is better they both seem to be equal to each other overall between performance, power consumption, heat generation and overclocking room.

The one thing I like about the HD 4850 is that it is cheaper and seems to handle AA and AF better than the 9800gtx+.

Also why do the ATIs have allot more stream processors than comparable nvidias but both have similar performance, doesnt seem to make sense that something that has 800 sp's would have comparable performance to something that has 128 sp's. Is the nvidia architecture that much better than ati's?