Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

VIP Member
I'm not too good at overclocking.. but here goes:

3dmark06-try1.jpg

not to bad I suppose. I just threw some settings in the bios, and just tried these clocks in ccc, wich appearantly all got accepted, with this as a result :p (PS: Passive cooled grafics cards! ^.^ )

and yea, still looking for a solution to my fan problem on my asus card.

Archangel

VIP Member
think if I lower the resolution to 1280x1024 I'll beat Mep? :p ^.^ worth a try, muhaha. :D

(thanks btw, I suppose now its time to figure out weither I can go further than this or not. :x )

Archangel

VIP Member
3dmark06-try2.jpg

appearantly, not running aero, the web-radio in the sidebar and IE during the 3dmark test gives a higher score. =] (and ofc putting the resolution on 1280x1024, rather than 1680x1050 in the first one)

I dont think it'll go (much?) further than this tough. its still 'just' a 60nm processor after all :eek:

edit:
didnt know you had to overclock both grafics cards in different tabs, my asus goes to 850/1276 but my saphire card only goes up to 850/1181 :( so its holding the asus card back I gues.
anyways, last update, after this I dont think i'll be bothered overclocking any further. (since this pc is fast enough for me as it is ^.^ :p )
3dmark06-try3.jpg

Last edited:

scooter

banned
[-0MEGA-];1059030 said:
@ Scooter, I updated your score like 5 times after looking through the pages, lol. *Scores updated BTW*

Yeh,,,I was tryin to get into 3rd place...

I failed!

SmoovBiscuit

I know this probably isn't the place to be asking this question, but I was wondering if anyone can help me out by telling me how I would go about overclocking my Q9550, I have a P5Q pro mb, I'm new to overclocking so just thought I would ask before I break stuff trying to figure it out on my own haha, anyways i'm just looking to go to about 3.4, Thank you for your time.:)

SmoovBiscuit

I just recently Overclocked my Q9550 to 3.4, all I did was raise the FSB to 400 and it seems to be running fine, is there anything else I should raise, this is my first time OC'ing. My idle temps are around 28-30c. I will post new scores once I run it again, got a little more messing around to do.

xnyjyh

Ok, what am I doing wrong here?

My score @ss! lol

I have a score of 7563!!!

My specs are:

AMD 9550 quad 2.2
4870 512MB OC'd to GPU clock-818.20 Memory clock-1200
memory DDR2 OCZ 6400 8gb @800MHz

Why is my score sooo low???

I actually had a better score before I OC'd my card...was 10405 (which isnt the greatest)
I though for sure the first time I ran 3D id get at least 15,000...I was very wrong and to think ATI 4870 wouldve helped

Last edited:

SmoovBiscuit

Just overclocked my Q9550 to 3.4 and got this. All I had to do was raise the FSB to 400, seems too easy, I feel like I need to change something else lol (first time overclocker =P )

woot.jpg

Q9550 / 3870x2

Stildawn

Hmmm I dont have 3dmark06, I downloaded 3dmark vantage which I think is the newest one, but I only got a score of 5600 ish... No where near what you guys get.. : (

Where would one get the older one?

Status
Not open for further replies.