*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Life

banned
Nah. Our home have snow, melt, snow, melt and snow. :p

Same here, except it goes more like this: snow for 10 minutes. melt, snow for the night, rain, snow for an hour, melt. This isn't as bad as last year tho, last year we had no snow. The year before, we had up too 2 and a half feet of snow.:eek:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Some photos from Cyprus

dsc00208n.jpg

dsc00207yc.jpg

dsc00509vm.jpg

dsc00284wm.jpg

dsc01524z.jpg

dsc00117fu.jpg

And when I was on my way to the Alps,

dsc06454r.jpg

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Just a vacation, I live in Belgium. I'll post some pics if I got the time from my village.
This year we went to Kos, we're going to the US probably next year.
And thanks, sorry for bad quality though...

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Love these pictures Smileman. Love an adventure.

jnskyliner34 said:
Good stuff Smileman. Makes me want to go on vacation.

Ty guys, yeh it was hot there, a bit too hot lol.
But I liked the landscapes, the sea, the swimming pool, reading a book under the parasol,...
I'll post some pics of Belgium soon, not that they're great xD.

spirit

Staff member
With some editing the first one would look really nice. :good:

I advise with your S3200 you shoot in 16:9, use FinePix Chrome colour settings, and use the P mode over any scene positions or auto modes. That combination certainly gives me the best image quality on my S4000.

How long have you had your S3200?

Life

banned
With some editing the first one would look really nice. :good:

I advise with your S3200 you shoot in 16:9, use FinePix Chrome colour settings, and use the P mode over any scene positions or auto modes. That combination certainly gives me the best image quality on my S4000.

How long have you had your S3200?

I was using sp mode with that picture, and had it set on low light. i have had it for about 2 months now, give or take 2 weeks. Thanks for the tips, I will try it.

spirit

Staff member
Definitely use P (program auto). You have to choose the ISO and you can adjust the exposure and colour settings, but aperture and shutter speed are done by the camera.

Choosing the ISO isn't hard. Generally, the lower the light you're in, the higher the ISO, the brighter, the lower. But - the higher the ISO you go, the more grainy your photos become. The S4000 can go up to ISO-400 before it gets really grainy (I wouldn't advise going higher than 400). I stick to 64, 100 and 200 usually.

ISO performance is one of the reasons why I'm hopefully upgrading to a D-SLR soon. The D-SLR will be much better in low light as it handles noise much better than the bridge camera.

spirit

Staff member
I like the shot of your dog, that's quite nice. Here's my favourite shot of a dog which I have taken, my grandparent's samoyed.

Website35.jpg

Excuse the writing across the image, I needed to upload the file quickly and this one with the writing across the image was the smallest version of this photo I had.

Life

banned
Thanks, that is a very nice picture of you grandparents dog, I have one similar to that picture, of my mom's dog. I'll post it tommorow sometime.

spirit

Staff member
One of my first shots with the D3200, classic mirror shot of myself. :p

NewtotheD32002.jpg

Taken in JEPG (camera is set to JPEG Fine + RAW). File size is 12.9 MB once edited :eek: RAW files are about 20 MB a piece (to be expected from this 24 MP D-SLR). I've just installed Lightroom and playing about with the RAW files. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with my new D-SLR! :) Seems like editing RAW gives you better results, not surprising at all really. ;)

That's ISO-800 and automatic settings by the way! My Fuji at ISO-800 would cry and die, this is amazing!

Last edited: