*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

spirit

Staff member
Im getting lost. How many generations of cameras am I behind now? haha

Umm... 3 Nikon generations. :p

After the D40 there was the D3000, then the D3100, then the D3200. :)

Just been taking shots with my D3200. Love this camera!

Punk

Staff member
Here's the RAW file. Processed in Lightroom 4, it's 20.4 MB! :eek:

DSC_000412012-2.jpg

Nice DSLR!! I need to buy a new one myself, maybe this summer :). I remember when I first got my D40, I actually did the exact same photo that you just did :D

^ YES! How else would I suddenly have gotten a Nikon D3200? Found one under a bush? ;)

Here is another shot, processed in Lightroom (taken in RAW, ISO-800)

DSC_000912012.jpg

Going to London on Saturday. I know we're seeing the Christmas lights and going on the Eye at 4.00pm (so it'll be just getting dark). Should get some nice photos! I need to buy a bag before then though, and maybe another memory card. Shooting in JPEG Fine + RAW takes up a lot of space!

Nice cat :)

I'm waiting for your cool photos you got us used to :)

spirit

Staff member
Nice DSLR!! I need to buy a new one myself, maybe this summer :). I remember when I first got my D40, I actually did the exact same photo that you just did :D

Nice cat :)

I'm waiting for your cool photos you got us used to :)

Thanks Ben (hope that's your name! If not, tell me an idiot! :) Interesting that you did the mirror shot too, I just wanted to show off my new toy. ;)

I'm just processing the photos now. They'll be here soon! :)

Punk

Staff member
Thanks Ben (hope that's your name! If not, tell me an idiot! :) Interesting that you did the mirror shot too, I just wanted to show off my new toy. ;)

I'm just processing the photos now. They'll be here soon! :)

Yup that's me!

Remember how I told you I'll forget your name? Well I did sorry lol.

spirit

Staff member
His real name is Mr. Brown!!!!
Brownie!!! :p
That's how I call you nvt... xD

Please don't call me Brownie, Roberto. :p

I'm uploading some photos from the D3200 I took today. They're not full resolution as it'd just take hours to upload with my crappy connection.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Please don't call me Brownie, Roberto. :p

I'm uploading some photos from the D3200 I took today. They're not full resolution as it'd just take hours to upload with my crappy connection.

Don't call me Roberto, Brown ;P

Nice, looking forward to it!!

spirit

Staff member
It would be nice if camera have USB3 :p

That's not the problem. The problem is uploading the files to the internet. I can't upload the full res images as they're usually around 20MB in size, so I resized them to about 9MB but my internet is so slow it takes an age for them to upload.

Though USB 3.0 would be nice to have.

Here are the photos. All taken in RAW, all at ISO-800 (though one or two may be 1600, not sure!) and all processed by me in Lightroom 4. Tell me honestly what you think. I'm new to D-SLR photography and processing RAW files, so let me know how I got on. :)

DSC_008912012Web.jpg

DSC_009612012Web.jpg

DSC_010012012Web.jpg

DSC_011112012Web.jpg

DSC_011212012Web.jpg

DSC_011412012Web.jpg

Ramodkk

VIP Member
They're looking nice there Jason. Just one thing, DSLR's are exceptional ISO performers compared to P&S/Super Zooms but that doesn't mean you should use high ISO all time. Although, you might just be experimenting with high ISO right now, I don't know. Just remember outdoors ISO 100-200 should suffice depending on natural light, unless you're going after the grainy look of course!

spirit

Staff member
Yeah I just wanted to see how higher ISOs looked. :) ISO-800 on the Fuji was unusable, ISO-1600, don't even go there with the Fuji. I'll stick to 100/200 outdoors. :)

Thanks Omar! I can definitely see a difference between the Fuji and the new D-SLR!