*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Punk

Staff member
Yeah I'm with Geoff on this. I shoot in RAW+Jpeg so if I don't want to edit the pics I still have a JPEG version I can send or use online.

If you're not familiar with RAW editing yet you should take the time to get used to it, it really just is a question of time as you'll understand how it works by moving the cursors and finding out what it does. And you can find a lot of help online. I use UFRaw, it also works with GIMP but I use as a standalone software.

spirit

Staff member
RAWs are not hard to edit. I never shoot in JPEG, always RAW.

I shot in RAW + JPEG for like half a day when I first got the D3200. Seemed a waste eventually so I just switched to RAW.

Geoff

VIP Member
RAWs are not hard to edit. I never shoot in JPEG, always RAW.

I shot in RAW + JPEG for like half a day when I first got the D3200. Seemed a waste eventually so I just switched to RAW.

The only reason I started using RAW + JPEG was because I can now use a USB OTG cable to connect my camera to my phone to post photos online instantly without have to download them to my computer first, but the phone only reads JPEG's.

Kornowski

VIP Member
People still shoot in JPEG? It's an output format, I'd never consider shooting in it unless for a timelapse possibly, when space was an issue.

I remember shooting a timelapse and then spending the rest of the day snapping away, only to notice when I got home that I'd left it on JPEG. Gutted.

Here's a few from the beach this afternoon

11757429864_b14bb6774c_b.jpg

11757416044_3307c506e0_b.jpg

11757745666_7fb8b40fbe_b.jpg

11757373964_7f1ea9865c_b.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Good shots Dale. I've not actually taken any photos with my D3200 so far this year - really must start shooting again!

Fatback

VIP Member
Thanks Jason. Those few where the first I have taken this year. I'm going to try to get back in the habit of taking my camera with me more often. Most of the time I leave it at home and end up using my phone for any photo needs.

spirit

Staff member
Weather's just been pretty naff where I live and I've been busy with school and other things. If it's nice tomorrow I'll try and go out somewhere but today it's cloudy and cold again. All of the nice days we've had have been when I've been at school. Great.

Punk

Staff member
A few of the hike I did last sunday:

101730453.jpg

101730520.jpg

101730280.jpg

This was taken around the 30th of December in the Alpe D'Huez (ski resort):

101628705.jpg

101629016.jpg

I have more of each day on my photo sharing websites if you're interested :)

spirit

Staff member
Wow Ben! Stunning views in the two last shots and loving the sun in the second shot. Fantastic! :good:

I used to like doing a similar sort of thing to you with regards to the sun - these are from January-April 2013, quite a few use HDR:

8625514354_0326594a34_b.jpg

8616081499_cb6403a9bd_b.jpg

8613619023_3de6b3e60d_b.jpg

8333443361_392e065195_b.jpg

I think the weather is meant to be half-decent tomorrow, so maybe I can go out and finally get some new photos. :0

Punk

Staff member
Wow Ben! Stunning views in the two last shots and loving the sun in the second shot. Fantastic! :good:

I used to like doing a similar sort of thing to you with regards to the sun - these are from January-April 2013, quite a few use HDR:

Thanks mate!

For the sun you need to set your aperture to higher F numbers (I think mine was around F/11) if you want that "star" looking sun (kinda ironic isn't it? :D ).

spirit

Staff member
Thanks mate!

For the sun you need to set your aperture to higher F numbers (I think mine was around F/11) if you want that "star" looking sun (kinda ironic isn't it? :D ).

Yeah - my first three shots are HDR and they came out quite well.

Geoff

VIP Member

8333443361_392e065195_b.jpg

I think the weather is meant to be half-decent tomorrow, so maybe I can go out and finally get some new photos. :0
I like it, but the horizon is a bit distracting.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Took a few shots tonight. Not quite sold on them as I made a few key mistakes.
However I haven't posted any pictures in awhile, so I thought it'd be nice.

IMGP4265E_zpsd1b0eee7.jpg

IMGP4232E_zpsfdd685ee.jpg

IMGP4283E_zps04f18e7f.jpg