Official Screenshot Thread

P11

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-] said:
Vsync is off.

Now the weird thing is that Day of Defeat Source works perfectly fine, and they share alot of the same files.

I have a 512MB and a 256MB stick, both DDR400. And this motherboard doesnt support dual channel so thats not why, I just wanted some extra memory since 512MB isnt really enough. However if I get artifacts again after the new install of steam, then I may take out the 256MB and just use the 512MB.

I also don't get the connection between having dual-channel and playing DoDS...
I had a similar problem, hopefully this isn't yours because it was caused by faulty video card memory. I returned the card for a new one and havent had any problems since.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well I re-installed the game and it seems to work fine now, I guess a game file became corrupt somehow. Thanks for the suggestions!

Geoff

VIP Member
No I didn't, I never knew you could do that. When I reinstalled the game I installed it from the CD's, but I doubt it had anything to do with it.

mrjack

VIP Member
Just right-click on Counter-Strike Source in the My Games tab and click on Properties. Then go to the Local Files tab in the new window and then click on Verify integrity of game cache...

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks mrjack, but I dont have that problem now so there isnt a need for me to check it right now.

Anyways, back to the screenshots :p

PC eye

banned
Burgon said:
The map from that pic is downloaded of the net. not part of steams products

The top image is from HL2: Episode One while the bottom one is seen in one of the early game maps in HL2 itself. At the beginning and end of Half Life as well you see the same character namely the mystery G man. As far as CS I've only tried the deathmatch link that comes with HL2.

OMEGA should realize that keeping multiple dimms the same size as well as type increases the performance value whether on a dual or strictly single channel board. This is even more critical at times for a gaming system.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
You guys ready for some F.E.A.R.

Servers:
Screenshot008.jpg

Lets go swimming:
Screenshot017.jpg

She makes me violent:
Screenshot011.jpg

You shouldn't make me violent:
Screenshot056.jpg

Screenshot043.jpg

Screenshot028.jpg

Screenshot029.jpg

Screenshot030.jpg

Screenshot038.jpg

Screenshot039.jpg

PC eye

banned
Fear is looking over some ancient ruins in peace and quiet and then suddenly all ..... breaks loose!
Of course Mullins would say just another day at the office.

PC eye

banned
The graphics in games has been getting better with more detail in the last few years due to newer and better technologies being applied to home pcs. Graphics designers have had far superior setups long before these however.

With the better graphics it even seems like the games can take you places.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The graphics in games has been getting better with more detail in the last few years due to newer and better technologies being applied to home pcs. Graphics designers have had far superior setups long before these however.
Yeah but for the most part, the graphics designers dont work in a fully renderered environment, they make the models, the level designers deside where the models go etc ... the game looks only as good as the hardware and graphcis enginer is able to provide.

PC eye

banned
Someone has to do the testing while in the development stages before the final version is ready for release to the market. The better the hardware on a gamer's system the better the appearance since the higher settings in the game itself are supported. The graphics in SOF2 are far better then earlier games due to newer hardwares being available. In 2 years time Half Life 2 and other games have seen even better with the hardwares marketed since. That has made it easier for game designers to come out with designs that run on a wider range of hardware types.