Official Screenshot Thread

Justin

VIP Member
I love downloading new aircraft, part of the fun! :)

I wish I had a better computer so that my frame rates don't drop below 30 whenever I'm flying over a city. I have scenery and traffic on low, everything else on high.

Turbo10

Urgh this is a bitch to install, nearly completes then i get some message about msxml.dll being messed up or missing, spent the last few hours trying to fix it D:

spirit

Staff member
BOOM goes the Biofuel Shaft! :D

tumblr_me1t6pCEzv1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

Justin

VIP Member
Moar FSX! :D

Went down from 16x AA to 8x AA and it's a noticeable difference imo. I thought it'd improve my framerates but AA isn't the culprit. It's the scenery (buidlings) that's dropping my framerates so I'm guessing my CPU is bottlenecking?

Cathay Pacific Boeing 777-300ER
fsx2012-11-2822-03-30-69.jpg

fsx2012-11-2822-05-50-18.jpg

A really wonky Sukhoi SU-35 Flanker add-on that flew like a paper aeroplane. I got it up to 77,000ft before it stalled. 77,000ft is almost SR-71 territory.
fsx2012-11-2821-28-33-54.jpg

The SU-35 didn't have a cockpit view so you get to see the world instead.
fsx2012-11-2821-31-44-67.jpg

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
BOOM goes the Biofuel Shaft! :D

tumblr_me1t6pCEzv1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

I bought JC2 in the sales,as you know i had it on PS3 but my PSN + ran out and i had restored my PS3 so did not have chance to re-download it again.

Looks much better on PC though,i like the explosions,Shame the game play mechanics are a bit clunky in places.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah Justin, scenery is the big framerate killer in all the Microsoft flight sims. Unless you're running a killer GPU you need to turn it down.

Do you have a flight control system you use? Or just a regular controller?

spirit

Staff member
I bought JC2 in the sales,as you know i had it on PS3 but my PSN + ran out and i had restored my PS3 so did not have chance to re-download it again.

Looks much better on PC though,i like the explosions,Shame the game play mechanics are a bit clunky in places.

Yeah my friends play it on the Xbox 360 and it looks a lot better on the PC. Even they have commented they think it looks better on the PC.

I know some aspects of gameplay are a bit of a let down, for example the handling of cars and the physics of the cars in general are quite bad, but it's still good fun. It makes blowing stuff up really satisfying. There are some great mods available too! :D

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you start the engine on a chopper Spirit?
I can get in,but cant start the engine or it wont start?

spirit

Staff member

Umm on the Xbox 360 controller I use I just hold down the left or right trigger (I forget which now), not sure about how you do it on the keyboard. I imagine it's the same key which is used as the accelerator when driving a car?

Justin

VIP Member
Yeah Justin, scenery is the big framerate killer in all the Microsoft flight sims. Unless you're running a killer GPU you need to turn it down.

Do you have a flight control system you use? Or just a regular controller?

I thought my laptop would have been more than enough to run it all on very high since FSX came out in 2006. :p

I'm using an Xbox 360 controller. Not really the best to play FSX with.

Darren

Staff member

They're different from a car to aircraft.

Car is W to go forward. Aircraft is Shift to throttle up (rise in helis or accelerate in planes) while control does the opposite. WASD are used to control the aircraft. On planes you can free use the mouse as a camera but on helis it's part of the turning mechanic.

I've gotten addicted to JC2 and neglected my homework 2 nights now because of it.

NVX_185

Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012) has superb graphics, but is let down by an extremely jittery frame-rate and lackluster car-handling mechanics.

14911781.png

62198351.png

wolfeking

banned
Just playing around with the new GPU setup. This is with everything maxxed out in the drivers, and everything in game maxxed out too. To be a aged title (just by a bit though), it seems to be well threaded.

BFBC2Game_2012_12_07_23_32_02_064.png

BFBC2Game_2012_12_07_23_32_00_692.png

SuperDuperMe

cpu and ram is really slow, doesnt compliment the hd 7850 at all. Should be getting a lot more performance in some games but cant due to the crappy cpu.