Official Screenshot Thread

G80FTW

I feel like Tomb Raider isnt getting the respect it deserves around here. So far, the best looking game Iv seen. Blows Crysis 3 outta the water. The attention to detail is just amazing. Add the fact that they put in some displacement mapping on the ground, that alone puts it ahead of any other game in terms of graphics if you ask me. A feature that if it was used more would make games feel completely different...

And, first game to actually push my PC since I built it a year ago.

spirit

Staff member
Thought since we've got a bit of a discussion about RCT3 and the other RCT games going on in the 'What are you currently playing?' thread, I'd post some screenshots of what I've been doing all day. RCT3!

OK so this park isn't even close to being finished, but after about 11 hours or so of solid RCT3'ing, this is what I've built.

Ignore the number of peeps in the park. It was at like 2500 or something like that, but since I've not finished building it, I closed the park and all the rides. Here's a tip if you want to get more peeps in your park - build swimming pools (you'll need the Soaked! expansion pack). Once you've built one the number of peeps in your park will increase massively.

Here's a general view:

tumblr_ml3y70kOBr1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

Here's a night time view:

tumblr_ml3y70kOBr1rr8jsmo5_1280.jpg

There's the mountain with the mine train roller coaster:

tumblr_ml3y70kOBr1rr8jsmo4_1280.jpg

View of some of the pool and the flying coaster:

tumblr_ml3y70kOBr1rr8jsmo6_1280.jpg

Epic indoor swimming pool complex...

tumblr_ml3y70kOBr1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

...with direct access to my underground railway which I made! :D

tumblr_ml3y70kOBr1rr8jsmo3_1280.jpg

Another view of the swimming pool complex:

tumblr_ml3ynaip031rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

And yeah... that's about it for now. I'll post more when I build more. :)

Darren

Staff member
You make me feel bad about what I build in that game. ^^

Screen of Dwarfs!?

Fun little game. Ditched studying several times to play a little bit.

354802013041100001.png

spirit

Staff member
You make me feel bad about what I build in that game. ^^
Haha I spent hours on it, then when I saved it it saved successfully, but obviously the save was bad because every time I tried to load it, RCT3 would crash. I was like "NOOOOOO!!" but then I remembered RCT3 makes backups of your parks (it gives the backup the extension 'dat.bak'), so I used the backup which only had half of my park in it, so I had to rebuild some of it. >.<

I might start a new park though, this one has a few flaws. ;)

Turbo10

Wait what Jason (it is Jason right :p) how the hell did you build those greenhouse things and what are they? o_O I've never seen those in the game before. Are they just scenery?

spirit

Staff member
Wait what Jason (it is Jason right :p) how the hell did you build those greenhouse things and what are they? o_O I've never seen those in the game before. Are they just scenery?

Yep it is Jason! :D

Those greenhouse walls are part of the Sci-Fi walls/building scenery. They come as standard in the game I think (don't think you need the expansion packs), I didn't add them or anything. Go into RCT3, go into your walls and buildings, and select to show only the Sci-Fi walls and you should see them. I can't remember what they're called now but they start with an H. :p lol.

Going to start work on a new park soon, will be a bit like the one I posted screenshots of last night. :)

Turbo10

Yep it is Jason! :D

Those greenhouse walls are part of the Sci-Fi walls/building scenery. They come as standard in the game I think (don't think you need the expansion packs), I didn't add them or anything. Go into RCT3, go into your walls and buildings, and select to show only the Sci-Fi walls and you should see them. I can't remember what they're called now but they start with an H. :p lol.

Going to start work on a new park soon, will be a bit like the one I posted screenshots of last night. :)

How odd i've never thought about doing that! Might have to play some more RCT3 today :D

spirit

Staff member
How odd i've never thought about doing that! Might have to play some more RCT3 today :D

I'm on it right now as we speak (added it to Steam as a non-Steam game) and those walls I used for my swimming pool are the 'Hydroponic Walls'. :)

spirit

Staff member
Spent pretty much 3 days solid building this new park from scratch. It looks most impressive at night, hence for all the nighttime shots. :)

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_ml99q9wTSS1rr8jsmo10_1280.jpg

Still not quite finished though, but I wanted to get some people in my park. :D

Darren

Staff member
Haha. :p Yeah it's not quite finished yet but I'm getting there. :)

It's amazing how creative you can be in RCT3. Takes a long time though.

Yeah that's why I never got very far. Also feels pointless if you don't have some money conflict. I enjoy sandbox mode and no objectives, but having unlimited cash doesn't give you much objective. It's just build a free for all zone basically. On my old install of Windows I had a bunch of scenarios I made with a blank map and a predetermined amount of cash so you would get a huge blank park to work with but not unlimited money.

spirit

Staff member
I enjoy sandbox mode and no objectives, but having unlimited cash doesn't give you much objective. It's just build a free for all zone basically.
True... but to me money is no object, which is I love sandbox mode. ;)

The main reason I built that park was to 'compete' with a friend of mine who plays RCT3 too (I got him hooked on it). Call me sad, but I saw one of his parks last week, and I thought it was good, so I went home and built a park to own his. :p

Darren

Staff member
True... but to me money is no object, which is I love sandbox mode. ;)

The main reason I built that park was to 'compete' with a friend of mine who plays RCT3 too (I got him hooked on it). Call me sad, but I saw one of his parks last week, and I thought it was good, so I went home and built a park to own his. :p

Nothing like competition between friends. If I had more time I might try one out too. Come back in June. :D

Hyper_Kagome

This is an old one, but I'm currently playing the game since I picked up the expansion:

291196_10151411942350189_352770736_o.jpg

And a newer one:
921348_10151591270380189_1441841037_o.jpg

That one is meant to look distorted since it's in an other realm.