|Official| Smiles Benchmark 2.0 Ranking Thread! (new version :P)

G80FTW

clock per clock i still feel their a inferior chip vs the pentium iii they only feel faster because their running at 3ghz+ and the pentium iii maxes out at 1.4ghz.

Exactly. If you could get a P3 up to 3.2ghz to compare to a P4 post the results :D

FuryRosewood

also id like to see someone post a HT 3.06 ghz pentium 4, im willing to bet you will be surprised the results arent as earth shattering as you would think. Take the 3700 plus and add 25 percent to that time...that is what id expect to see out of a 3ghz pentium 4. they really are quite slow.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
hehe, saw on the box and the pc is another then the box saids :p.
It is 32 bit xD.
I got an HP and on the box its an acer...

spirit

Staff member
also id like to see someone post a HT 3.06 ghz pentium 4, im willing to bet you will be surprised the results arent as earth shattering as you would think. Take the 3700 plus and add 25 percent to that time...that is what id expect to see out of a 3ghz pentium 4. they really are quite slow.

I have a P4 HT 3.06GHz I can try the 32-bit app on if you like?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is mine,Cpu is at 4.2. :)

Light-
LIGHT.png

Heavy-
HEAVY.png

Pyotr

The light 8-threaded went well, the heavy 4-threaded not so much. :p I'm not entirely unhappy anyway, will eventually overclock both CPU and RAM (or rather put it at 1866MHz where it's supposed to be) and see where I end up.
Edit: Maybe attaching image wasn't the cleverest idea. x_x Let me know if I should upload it somewhere instead or if you can actually see what it says.

Attachments

• 8threadbenchmark20120801.jpg
    8threadbenchmark20120801.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 52

spirit

Staff member
Can't really see the result, can you try hosting elsewhere?

Not sure if we still have issues with AMD processors or not.

spirit

Staff member
I would Smile but I'm trying to re-build my system, gimme a couple of hours. Sorry, I've been really busy lately.

Pyotr

hey, try the new test. I want to see what the 8core does with more then its threads.
You mean the heavy 4-threaded benchmark? Not great when stock I'm afraid. Having 8 cores is great, but what's not so great is their stock speed at 3.1GHz. Just ran it and got a similar result as the two times yesterday, 210-215 seconds. Which is why I couldn't be bothered with a screenshot. :p I know I should overclock, but as I stated in some other thread we have warm weather and my computer room is badly ventilated. When it was at its worst I had core temps at 58 degrees when running Orcs Must Die..
Vistakid, plz come on skype. I'm already waiting 2 days :p
You should like, go eat, drink and sleep some time. o_O

spirit

Staff member
There is a small problem with AMD processors and this bench, ie - it favours Intel processors. Smile and I still aren't sure why, he's trying to fix it.