Official Superpi Mod Ranking Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Submitted mine,Nice one bomber :) :good:

Il probably be somewhere down the bottom once everyone else starts submitting with their i5s and i7s :p

just a noob

I think I need better ram, I managed to boot into windows at like 4.6ghz(I think the chip still has more left in it), but I didn't have superpi installed, and then it hardlocked on me(then I couldn't get back into windows), so i gave up =\

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
No problem, i'll accept that score, just in the screenshot box place a space between your two url's with a current cpu-z screenshot(for continuity sake).;)

ty very much :), getting on it right now

=EDIT=

I *MAY* be at the top of AMD if people posted reflects all of the people that have submitted a score. I'm the only AMD user to post so far lol

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
The AMD+Intel rankings list says "Top 50" but there are only 25 spots. I don't know if that's the way you meant it to be.

Awesome job though!

87dtna

Well since it must be currently owned hardware, guess my 7.677 with an I3 is out. However, I have an I3 550 extra spicy in my possesion right now thats just itching to get benched :D

Can I just use time.gov for the timestamp? Because my SS's I cut down and it takes the windows time out of the screen. Also, why do you require a date on the notepad if it has to be timestamped anyway?

Last edited:

spynoodle

Well since it must be currently owned hardware, guess my 7.677 with an I3 is out. However, I have an I3 550 extra spicy in my possesion right now thats just itching to get benched :D

Can I just use time.gov for the timestamp? Because my SS's I cut down and it takes the windows time out of the screen. Also, why do you require a date on the notepad if it has to be timestamped anyway?
How'd you get a 550? They aren't our yet, are they? It's just an i5 650 without turbo, right? Guessing it's better for OCing than the 650? :D
Also, nice OC on the i7 860. ;) Your new nickname is officially super-overclock-variety-man

bomberboysk

Time.gov works fine, although right clicking on adjust date/time and opening that window works as well.
The AMD+Intel rankings list says "Top 50" but there are only 25 spots. I don't know if that's the way you meant it to be.

Awesome job though!
You're seeing things:p
How'd you get a 550? They aren't our yet, are they? It's just an i5 650 without turbo, right? Guessing it's better for OCing than the 650? :D
Also, nice OC on the i7 860. ;) Your new nickname is officially super-overclock-variety-man

Some places already have them for sale.

bomberboysk

I see what you did there... lol

Yeah, problem was chrome deleted all the stuff from my post, so i copied the intel post and changed everything but the number at the top, intel+amd will be 25, the other two will be 50.

If anyone here by any off chance is running something like a VIA nano, PM me and i'll fix something up for you.

87dtna

I have connections, it's an extra spicy chip. This chips hits 5ghz on air with HT on :eek:

87dtna

holy hell :eek:, what temps is that though?

Nothing out of range, may peak into the 90's if 100% loaded using real temp and 1.50 Vcore............I'm using a zerotherm zen. I'm hoping to get to ~5.2ghz with HT off for the SPI contest. Maybe 6ghz on DICE, who knows.
Forgot to change my sig too, I'm running an EVGA P55-FTW now.

Aastii

VIP Member
Nothing out of range, may peak into the 90's if 100% loaded using real temp and 1.50 Vcore............I'm using a zerotherm zen. I'm hoping to get to ~5.2ghz with HT off for the SPI contest. Maybe 6ghz on DICE, who knows.

that is silly high temps for a CPU though, or are the newer i series CPUs able to withstand higher temperatures safely?

That is pretty damn impressive that you hit 5GHz at 1.5V too, good job :good:. I am pretty surprised tbh at how well the chip did, I'm almost dissapointed with my 720BE now, if I were a fanboy I'd be in tears now lol

87dtna

Real temp uses the core temp, not the actual CPU's temp. The CPU temp max spec is around 72c, but core temp max is around 105c. The Core 2 chips also have around 100c max core temps.
With prime95 loaded and the CPU is in the 90's, when you exit prime the CPU temp immediately drops in the 60's because the cores are no longer stressed so they go back to the actual CPU's temp.

Aastii

VIP Member
Real temp uses the core temp, not the actual CPU's temp. The CPU temp max spec is around 72c, but core temp max is around 105c. The Core 2 chips also have around 100c max core temps.
With prime95 loaded and the CPU is in the 90's, when you exit prime the CPU temp immediately drops in the 60's because the cores are no longer stressed so they go back to the actual CPU's temp.

aah yea sorry didn't read you using real temps. That isn't so bad then for stress testing, especially at those sort of clocks

linkin

VIP Member
wait for it.... bam! 16.192 seconds!

Desktop-1.png

spynoodle

Wow. Guessing that's #1? :)