Official Superpi Mod Ranking Thread

Domain_Man

Here's my contribution :)

superpi45.jpg

87dtna

Haha, well I have a 945 too but it's a C2 and it sucks.

I do both AMD and intel. I may push this 555 on some DICE and see how much over 5ghz I can get out of it.

bomberboysk

I do both AMD and intel. I may push this 555 on some DICE and see how much over 5ghz I can get out of it.

Heh, a sucky score would still put that 940 in the top 50 amd...er...top 4:p

spynoodle

Bet you can get it up to 5.5GHz if you're lucky. That'll definitely take #1. ;) Is SuperPi only threaded for two cores or something? The duals seem to be doing better than I would have thought.

87dtna

Super Pi is only single threaded! But thats the point, it puts all CPU's on an even playing field no matter how many cores you have.

bomberboysk

Super Pi is only single threaded! But thats the point, it puts all CPU's on an even playing field no matter how many cores you have.

Well, cpu's from same manufacturers anyhow.

After the 3dmark threads...i may have to bring a wPrime thread(maybe incorporate it with this thread).

87dtna

Intel is faster in Wprime as well....I had this discussion before with el gappo or NCspec or someone else I don't remember. I said that a 5ghz Phenom II 955 would match an I5 750 at 4ghz. Well turned out I needed 4.3ghz to match his 5ghz, but regardless intel > AMD.

bomberboysk

Intel is faster in Wprime as well....I had this discussion before with el gappo or NCspec or someone else I don't remember. I said that a 5ghz Phenom II 955 would match an I5 750 at 4ghz. Well turned out I needed 4.3ghz to match his 5ghz, but regardless intel > AMD.

Yeah, i was more referring to the multithreaded bit. Intel cpu's have alot stronger performance in FP calculations.

87dtna

I'm talking Wprime man. My I5 750 at 4.3 was as fast as his Phenom II 955 at 5ghz on single stage benching Wprime. I actually think it was faster, can't remember for sure. I think 4.2 was slightly slower, and 4.3 was faster.

87dtna

Soooo, what bench or real life app with AMD be as fast if not faster that a comparable intel? Cuz I don't know of any.