Official Superpi Mod Ranking Thread

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Thats a really broad range there, plus I doubt that...my 555 got 16.8 seconds at 4.2ghz. So unless you have some extreme cooling it's almost impossible to get an AMD chip under 15 seconds.

Don't crush my hopes and dreams ;)

NVX_185

NVX_185 you need to submit your score here-

http://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGNhMVQ2RUtMdkNTYzNpU29EN1JNeUE6MQ

How come you lowered the multiplier? I bet the CPU is still way plenty stable on stock volts with the multi at 20 or 21 (turbo) with 160 base clock.

I don't understand what you mean by stock volts? It is on stock volts. The multipler had been lowered because I OC'ed my RAM to the 1600MHz profile in BIOS, so it had to adjust the speeds accordingly. I can't seem to raise the multiplier.

87dtna

I don't understand what you mean by stock volts? It is on stock volts. The multipler had been lowered because I OC'ed my RAM to the 1600MHz profile in BIOS, so it had to adjust the speeds accordingly. I can't seem to raise the multiplier.

I'm saying you can overclock a lot more than you have already while keeping it at stock volts.

Raising and lowering the CPU multiplier has no affect on the ram whatsoever. You just have to take the cpu multi setting off of ''auto'' and set it yourself. Right now it's at 18, it can go up to 21.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have always wondered if this is just me, but does super pi seem very unstable? I can overclock my system to pass any stress test for hours, to work under normal use for days and days, but if I run super pi, it will do it for a couple of loops then stop responding, and occasionally it will do a full run (like the one I submitted) :confused:

meticadpa

I have always wondered if this is just me, but does super pi seem very unstable? I can overclock my system to pass any stress test for hours, to work under normal use for days and days, but if I run super pi, it will do it for a couple of loops then stop responding, and occasionally it will do a full run (like the one I submitted) :confused:

I've had that issue before, yes.

To be fair, it is a very, very old program. :)

I'll do a run later on/tonight for Super Pi... I should be taking the number 1 slot. :D

87dtna

I'll do a run later on/tonight for Super Pi... I should be taking the number 1 slot. :D

Not for long, my 540 just showed up today....just need some DICE...:D

Or do you mean AMD?

I may put my 555 under DICE as well and seem how it goes. 4.2 on air isn't bad, I got 4.3 to boot but not stable enough to run SPI even on 1.65 Vcore.

meticadpa

Not for long, my 540 just showed up today....just need some DICE...:D

Or do you mean AMD?

I may put my 555 under DICE as well and seem how it goes. 4.2 on air isn't bad, I got 4.3 to boot but not stable enough to run SPI even on 1.65 Vcore.

Nah, I mean on my i7 920.

Oh well, have fun. :)

Aastii

VIP Member
I've had that issue before, yes.

To be fair, it is a very, very old program. :)

good atleast it isn't just me. Is annoying to say the least when you wan't to bench your system and can't though, especially if you have spent a good amount of time getting it stable.

good luck with your run :D