Official Superpi Mod Ranking Thread

bomberboysk

Soooo, what bench or real life app with AMD be as fast if not faster that a comparable intel? Cuz I don't know of any.

None, because most benchmarks are based on FP performance, which intels are alot better at, as well as true processing power, which the amd processors are still about the same as intel core 2 line.

spynoodle

Super Pi is only single threaded! But thats the point, it puts all CPU's on an even playing field no matter how many cores you have.
Bet I'll still get kicked off the Top 50 Intel if I get my Pentium 4 520 over 4GHz and upload a score. :D Also, what do you do if you OC a CPU higher after you've already upload a score from it?

bomberboysk

Bet I'll still get kicked off the Top 50 Intel if I get my Pentium 4 520 over 4GHz and upload a score. :D Also, what do you do if you OC a CPU higher after you've already upload a score from it?

Upload another score and send me a PM or leave a visitor message so i can delete your old row from the spreadsheet.

87dtna

None, because most benchmarks are based on FP performance, which intels are alot better at, as well as true processing power, which the amd processors are still about the same as intel core 2 line.

I said real apps too, not just benches.

Well, level playing field is just the core amounts. There's different architecture's plus cache size and of course clock speed. Different architecture is the most difference really. Like nehalam architecture is at the top right now, then core 2, then Phenom II, etc etc.

spynoodle

Upload another score and send me a PM or leave a visitor message so i can delete your old row from the spreadsheet.

I don't need to yet. I was just wondering for the future in case I upload a score from my P4 @ 3.5GHz, then OC it to 4GHz later on. Thanks for the info!

Well, level playing field is just the core amounts. There's different architecture's plus cache size and of course clock speed. Different architecture is the most difference really. Like nehalam architecture is at the top right now, then core 2, then Phenom II, etc etc.

I know, I was just mocking the sluggishness of Netburst. :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Added as well

Come on AMD guys, i know there are more of you out there, 3 scores is pathetic:p

Hold your horses! As soon as I get my RAM back from RMA I'll bench my Phenom! Though I think last time I did it I got around 11-15 seconds or so.

87dtna

Hold your horses! As soon as I get my RAM back from RMA I'll bench my Phenom! Though I think last time I did it I got around 11-15 seconds or so.

Thats a really broad range there, plus I doubt that...my 555 got 16.8 seconds at 4.2ghz. So unless you have some extreme cooling it's almost impossible to get an AMD chip under 15 seconds.

Domain_Man

Tightened my ram timings and increased the oc just a tiny bit and my score improved a little :)

superpi45b.jpg

87dtna

It's on DICE...hence the real temp at -15 (thats all the lower real temp reads)

But yeah I did kill the chip, it would no longer POST after I shut it down and tried to start it back up on air. That sucked because that 540 was an exceptionally binned chip. My daily OC was 4.6ghz (200x23) at 1.375 Vcore on that chip using a TRUE cooler.

Last edited: