*Official * Windows 7 Thread

chibicitiberiu

im sure after a few patches and it will be alright

I wonder... why microsoft isn't testing their products first?! They should first test it and fix it if there are issues, then release it. Microsoft does it exactly the opposite: first releases the operating system, then release many patches and fixes... it's very annoying.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder... why microsoft isn't testing their products first?! They should first test it and fix it if there are issues, then release it. Microsoft does it exactly the opposite: first releases the operating system, then release many patches and fixes... it's very annoying.

its all money,theyre more than happy to sell 1000 copys at release and then realise theres problems and say "ohh we need to fix these problems" now :D

but they will still charge way over the top for their new Os.

buy ya i can guarentee you that they will release windows 7 and wont release the latest DX for Vista :cool:

PunterCam

To be fair, there are thousands upon thousands of hardware combinations that m/s has to program for, and I reckon it's unrealistic to expect them to build every possible combination of parts on the planet and test it to death.

But I don't really care, I just wait 3 or 4 years until it's fixed, no big deal.

Calibretto

VIP Member
noobs, ever hear of private torrent trackers? Lots and lots of crap can be found on this trackers and they aren't open for the public.

jk about the noobs part

I used to be on one for a while but kind of lost interest. Then after heading off to school, I couldn't download much anymore so I'm way out of the loop as far as torrents go :p

Update: My friend showed me the installation window of Windows 7. So we'll see how the install goes.

chibicitiberiu

To be fair, there are thousands upon thousands of hardware combinations that m/s has to program for, and I reckon it's unrealistic to expect them to build every possible combination of parts on the planet and test it to death.

But I don't really care, I just wait 3 or 4 years until it's fixed, no big deal.

In 3-4 years a new version will come :D

2006 - Vista
2009 - Windows 7

2009-2006 = 3 years

Calibretto

VIP Member
They won't release Windows 7 before 2010. Microsoft can't afford to. They need to take the time to get it right.

chibicitiberiu

They won't release Windows 7 before 2010. Microsoft can't afford to. They need to take the time to get it right.

Not sure, but the beta is released to the testing guys already, isn't it? This means that it's not long before it will be released. Of course, the bugs need to be fixed.... unless microsoft forgets that and releases the OS then creates many patches.

Geoff

VIP Member
Not sure, but the beta is released to the testing guys already, isn't it? This means that it's not long before it will be released. Of course, the bugs need to be fixed.... unless microsoft forgets that and releases the OS then creates many patches.
Wasn't Longhorn released to testers like 1-2 years before the release in November of 2007?

tlarkin

VIP Member
If you are a big time developer you get the alpha version. You sign hefty NDAs and such, and they will sue you to hell and back if you get caught leaking information.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Anybody know a Windows 7 theme for Vista? I found a few but they didn't have any installation instructions.

speedyink

VIP Member
They both copy, we all know it.

That new calculator looks nifty. It'll take more than that to go through the effort of upgrading though :p