Oil Aquarium w/ Xbox

JlCollins005

You could just buy a pro. The new ones don't get rrod (to my knowledge). There at least a completely different mobo and cpu from the originals. Then save the game to the hard drive so you don't need the dvd drive, which is the loudest part of the 360 anyways.

Wrong all xboxs will save the game to the hard drive, and the systems are still prone to rrod the chance is lower they provided better cooling, but the case contributes to the RROD, if u look inside a 360 take the motherboard out the bottom of the case has metal formations when the motherboard heats up it causes it to flex and touch that metal.

Im using an older system its a little over 2 years old not once had an over heating problem or anything, i have had to change the fan because it died, other than that my 360 sits on my desk with plenty of ventilation.

i would like to watercool one though it would look neat

ScottALot

Wrong all xboxs will save the game to the hard drive, and the systems are still prone to rrod the chance is lower they provided better cooling, but the case contributes to the RROD, if u look inside a 360 take the motherboard out the bottom of the case has metal formations when the motherboard heats up it causes it to flex and touch that metal.

Im using an older system its a little over 2 years old not once had an over heating problem or anything, i have had to change the fan because it died, other than that my 360 sits on my desk with plenty of ventilation.

i would like to watercool one though it would look neat

Hard drive? That's one of the least likely causes of RROD. It's usually overheating. (The HDD is outside of the Xbox.) The newer Xbox's are in fact less prone to RROD because they use the smaller CPU transistors, but they don't RROD-proof the Xbox as well as the Jaspers do.