ok am i just stupid or what?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
And that is mute if theres no bios update, unless you know of a way to turn a bios update of smart fan performance update into a cpu compatability update?
It's moot not mute :p And once again it is moot. From the Foxconn site: HEXUS.net just reviewed Foxconn WinFast 6150K8MA-8EKRS, won the Good Value award. Notice that review I linked? That (C51GK8MA) is the same board.

Can you point out in this chart (from Nexus) where you see GA1GK-8MA? Edit: well that sure as hell didn't paste well...making a jpg...

untitledfx5.jpg

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
Its still (MOOT). I never said it would run or not on that board? All I said was on the Foxconn site its not listed in the cpu chart!
But the bios update is (MOOT) since there no update for that cpu!

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
StrangleHold said:
And that is mute if theres no bios update, unless you know of a way to turn a bios update of smart fan performance update into a cpu compatability update?
Unless I'm misunderstanding this statement, you did say it wouldn't run on that board.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I just told the guy that it was not on the cpu chart, someone else brought up the fact of updating the bios, I said there was not a bios update for it, what dont you get!

filthyt4co

thanx for taking the time to help me, and i think the guy with the fact about the no bios update is right. I emailed foxconn but they havent replied yet and its been about the same time this thread has been up, so yea they rnt much help right now. I baught the board and i baught the processor. I get no video whatsoever, i do get a signal that switches my screen preferences but thats it. I get no actual screen of any sort so Im going to buy a new board becasu its cheaper than a new processor. and what if i smudged the thermal paste a little bit while i was putting the fan on the processor? should i put new paste on? i can give all the specs of the pc that i have if anyone wants the rest but i'm pretty sure i went through all the rest of posibilities with wireing and pins that the processor was the only thing left for me to check.

I think worse case scenerio is it would just underclock the cpu. Or overclock the mobo and maybe become unstable.......either one lol. Most likely underclock cpu.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Smudging the paste is fine, but when you remove the heatsink and the processor clean all the paste off the heatsink and CPU with rubbing alcohol (or other solvent). Then just be sure to let it dry and apply new paste when you install the CPU in another motherboard.

Do you know the video card is working?

filthyt4co

well my video card was working before i took it out of my other pc that i like scrapped. I'm trying to run off of onboard at first so i dotn have to mess with too much off the bat then i'm slowly going to put the rest of the stuff in as i get more stuff workign. Like i have to get microsoft to reactivate my cd key for xp. cuz i blewup my hard drive (literaly, kinda fun).