Omg Not Now!

Fire

Recovring BIOS with CrashFree BIOS 2? but i cant get anythign on the screen so that probally wont work!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
is there a way i can at least get a screen up? or just clear the whole kabootole

Well clearing the cmos as we have discussed may or might not work. there's simply no display because something is wrong with a video setting or the video card is not seated properly or somthing is wrong with the video card. these are a few of the things you should be looking into.

Fire

ok well i will try clearing the CMOS in case i messed somethign up! i reseated the Video card and same issue. if the CMOS doesnt work then i will try the video card i am using now!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
you should also be checking the following.. memory for example if there is 2 sticks then take one out and try each other seperatly. also there is no signal going to the monitor but what's the computer doing? fans spining? cd/dvd roms flashing?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
K try that memory trick I've mentioned if there's more then one stick that is.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Also if you cannot find the jumper for the cmos then just pull out the battery. leave it out for a good couple of minutes then put it back in and with some luck the cmos would have cleared.

Oh ya please remember to unplug and shut off PSU each time you do somthing inside the case :).

Fire

ok i moved the jumper from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 while comp was off rebooted and same problem!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
ok i moved the jumper from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 while comp was off rebooted and same problem!

I was really hoping that would do it as it all seemed ok until you changed a setting or two inside the bios.

Have you tried the memory?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
should i take battery out an try again?

That wouldn't hurt.. That error on the monitor screen does not necessarily mean that it's a video problem. all it means is that the monitor is plugged in but the computer is not sending a signal which could be just about anything. could mean you have a bad memory stick could mean just about anything that may stop your computer from booting. you didn't try to flash the bios did you? I remember you mentioning it.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Flashing the bios is when you replace the bios with a different one put very basicly. you mentioned trying to use crashfree bios recovery or somthing like that..

Fire

crashfree Bios is when you put in a CD and it suppose to load when there is an error in loading it originally but because i dont have it tell me it cant load bios i dont think it will work!

RiseandTakeOver

hey i hav ean idea.. does your motherboard have onboard vid? if it does, take out the vid card completely and attach it to the mobo slot... perhaps that could be a way to check out if it was seated properly or not? i have an asus and it does 1 long beep 2 short beeps when the ram wasn't seated properly (dunno if it would be the same), so maybe you should try taking it out and putting it back in.. if that doesn't work.. take it up to a computer shop, they can test the mobo for like $15 (at least at the place i go to )