Omg Not Now!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
try cmos one more time.. follow these steps..

1. Turn off computer and unplug it.
2. remove the onboard battery.
3 move the jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 keep the cap on pins 2-3 for 10 seconds.
4. replace the battery.
5. plug the power cord back in and turn on the computer.
6. hold down the delete key durring boot process and enter bios.
7. load the bios default settings.

Please dont skip a step.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'm hoping it's his bios because it was working fine until he changed a couple of settings in the bios.

RiseandTakeOver

oops nvm <<is dumb... the guy who replaced my motherboard (my father doesn't trust me hahaha) told me it was an asus but its not it's an ECS Elitegroup km400-m2... so nvm bout the beeping and all... i'm gonna have to go hurt that guy....

yo man i'm checkin out this cool n' quiet that you turned on... did you edit the power options like it says to before you exited and saved?????

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
oops nvm <<is dumb... the guy who replaced my motherboard (my father doesn't trust me hahaha) told me it was an asus but its not it's an ECS Elitegroup km400-m2... so nvm bout the beeping and all... i'm gonna have to go hurt that guy....

yo man i'm checkin out this cool n' quiet that you turned on... did you edit the power options like it says to before you exited and saved?????
Wrong thread??

RiseandTakeOver

Praetor said:
Wrong thread??

No no

Fire said:
Ok i finally got my comp to work! I have a Asus K8v SE Deluxe... It loadined into BIOS and i updated time and then date and then changed it to AMD cool n' queit technology and did Exit and Save. SO it restarted and then now all it does is beeps Loud and the monitor says Please Check Signal Cable. Please help!

the asus website says that when you turn the AMD cool n' quiet technology on for the asus k8v se deluxe you must also change a power setting in the bios... i was wondering if he did or not....

the motherboard thing was from earlier when i told him i had an asus (must kill repairman)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
MoBo - ECS Elitegroup KM400-M2 (don't ask.. i've never heard of it either)

hehe I have! :).. I had an ECS Elitegroup about three computers ago which was prob. 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. No frills board but solid and very cheap :).. that particuler computer ran just fine :) so be proud.

Fire

nop i didnt and i dint fix the power =( so what do i do if it doesnt have enough power? all the fans start up!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well if you haven't done so already I'd take it in and have someone look at it.. It's strange because it worked fine until you changed the bios. I would have hoped that reseting it would have worked...

Good luck.

I am assumeing that you plugged in both those connectors thta you where talking about right? the 20-pin and the 4-pin..

Fire

Yep i did! i took it into a place and they still can fix it :eek: so they think it is just a bad board :( But thanks for your help!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yep i did! i took it into a place and they still can fix it so they think it is just a bad board But thanks for your help!

What's scarry is that they should be able to say with no doubt that it's a bad board or not.

Super_Nova

unscrew the video card, tilt it slightly one direction or another and screw it back down. Do this until it works.

Fire

well when you plug speakers in it says "System failed memory Test"! they tried all their ram and the guy is bringing some from his house! they find it hard to beliee though that it ould work and just die!

Fire :cool:

dsu2004

Please follow "Blue"s advice. 1 long & 2 short beeps mean either bad video card (unlikely) or video card not properly seated. and yes, push on it both on the metal and the other end of the card (you won't break anything if you push with your thumbs, just do not put your body-weight behind it :D ) while the computer is off, of course.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
do i reboot it with the jumpers on 2 and 3?
READ THE MANUAL. It'll say something like, power off, pop the battery, reset the jump, wait, reset the jumper, pop the battery, power up again READ THE MANUAL :)

No frills board but solid and very cheap :)..
You got the cheap part right. So cheap that the most problemsome K7 board is the ECS K7S5A and the K7S5A Pro.

so what do i do if it doesnt have enough power?
Use less devices or get a new PSU

What's scarry is that they should be able to say with no doubt that it's a bad board or not.
Why's that? It could still be anything.

unscrew the video card, tilt it slightly one direction or another and screw it back down. Do this until it works.
You mean "reinsert" the card? ;)