On a level of 1-10, what is your skill level with computers?

Egon

6-7 depending if it's a software or hardware problem. I know how everything hooks up and to check to see if it's compatible or not... But I don't get how the circuits work or what each chip does on hardware.

Respital

About 6-8.

Edit:

Wow back in 2006;

[-0MEGA-];456149 said:
I'd say 8-9. I can solve pretty much any hardware or software issue when it comes to desktop and laptops. I'm not as eduacted right now in networking and servers, however I am taking courses right now which will educate me more in those areas.

We still don't have a 101 for this. :(

tlarkin

VIP Member
My skills are undefinable on such a small scale

It is a loaded question. Too broad. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, rate your overall computer knowledge/skills. This includes everything a computer can be used for, including embedded systems.

This thread is ridiculous and funny at the same time.

mihir

VIP Member
I would rate myself 3 when I registered on CF and now I would say 5.
I can fix many hardware issues and also I know C/C++ Java BASIC a bit of Dot.net.
and can also fix some minor software issues but get pretty pissed if nothing happens after scans I just Format my PC

Binkstir

Even though I've built computers for a driving and flight sim company as an outside contractor, I give myself a 5-6. I'll can fix whatever problem may arise with a computer but I may need to surf the web a bit for the answer

Binkstir

fastdude

I would rate myself 3 when I registered on CF and now I would say 5.
I can fix many hardware issues and also I know C/C++ Java BASIC a bit of Dot.net.
and can also fix some minor software issues but get pretty pissed if nothing happens after scans I just Format my PC

I would say I was about a 3.5 when I registered, now I'd say I'm a about a 6, I know quite a bit about hardware, and I'm (slowly) learning how to program in C++ :)

I am good at self-teaching :p

Mez

I'd say about a 6-7, im good with parts and building, but I can't do anything when it comes to Registry errors, or error notices...

CareyS

I would say about 3-4. I am self taught. But im not good with Linux/Ubuntu, But im not to good with Mac since I don't really have one. And therefore I don't have a way to study a mac. lol

mihir

VIP Member
this thread is funny and really really useless.
You give yourself a rating for which others dont judge you and also high enough same reason.