Overclock Questions

Geoff

VIP Member
If the RAM is an issue and is running above stock speed, then raise the RAM to 2.0-2.1v.

taylormsj

[-0MEGA-];913166 said:
If the RAM is an issue and is running above stock speed, then raise the RAM to 2.0-2.1v.

Or drop it to stock speeds or lower to determine your max OC, you can worry about the ram once you know what is stable for your cpu, i recommend this

taylormsj

What speed is your ram @ 2.7 GHz, cos if its at the lowest divider, and your ram wont go any higher, your overclock is the highest its going :(

Gogey

What speed is your ram @ 2.7 GHz, cos if its at the lowest divider, and your ram wont go any higher, your overclock is the highest its going :(

Should be 780, Ive got my ram at a 1:1 with a 400 fsb and its at 800 MHZ, its stock speed.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Lol, I don't get all this OC'ing stuff, never done it but I'll have to learn for I'm getting the E2160! :p

b10

I just OC'ed to 2.7Ghz, my temps are fine, 32c idle and 45c load, enough room to carry on, right?

But, OC'ing can't make a game stop responding can it, I mean, Windows was fine, I just had to Ctrl + Alt + Del out of it...

Thanks!
Just don't let your temps get above 55C.

Of course an unstable OC can cause a game to stop responding.

Noir

Hmm strange, does that 1.35 v is stock voltage? Even when i dont oc my cpu the bios say that my voltage is 1.35v.
Oh when i turn on the eist the voltage would be 1.25v idle and 1.35v full load.
What is the stock voltage of that cpu, im curious.

Kornowski

VIP Member
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Bugger! :mad:

taylormsj

HEHE, time for some new ram?

But ive heard there are hidden options in gigabyte P35 board's BIOS, im not sure the key code, alt and F1 i think, i think this lets you do more with memory timings and dividers

Kornowski

VIP Member
Nah, I'm not getting any new stuff!

I know, it's Ctrl + F1, nothing to make it run slower though!

Would changing the multi help?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I can change the Multi, but I can't remember what the other options are?

Nah, I'm good with this Shane! :)